Friday, July 13, 2007

EMERGENCY ROOM

It has been quite the crazy week! On Wednesday Isabella was just not acting herself. She didn't want to eat, drink, or play which is totally uncharacteristic of her. We put her to bed early hoping that sleep was all she needed. Occasionally we could hear her moan in her sleep...but she usually made noises in her sleep so we didn't think too much of it. Before Nate and I went to bed we checked on her just like we normally do everynight. Well...when we went in there she was really warm...I picked her up and her little head was BURNING HOT!! When I she noticed that we were there she just started crying. Poor little thing...we thought maybe she was having a little fever from teething...since she is getting four molars. So I got her up and held her and gave her some ice water trying to cool her down. We took her temperature and she was 102.4!!! Then all of a sudden she just started to throw up...lots and lots. Nate and I were freaking out!!! It was so scary. She threw up like five times...she just couldn't stop and it was even coming out her nose. She was having a really hard time breathing so we frantically jumped in the car and drove to the hospital. When we got there they quickly got us a room and a nurse...maybe because we smelled and were all covered in vomit...ha ha. Isabella wanted nothing to do with any doctors or nurses. Every time they walked into our room she cried. She ended up having to have a catheter, chest x-rays, and a shot! Plus who really likes having to have your temperature taken three times! When the x-rays came back the doctor said that she had the early stages of pneumonia. Poor baby!! I am just glad we caught it early before it turned into anything serious. Before we could leave the ER...four hours later...Isabella had to drink and keep down like 3 oz. of Gatorade. Yeah try to make your child drink something they don't want or like when they are sick, scared and tired. It was quite traumatic. Ha ha. Eventually we had to syringe it into her mouth amidst her screaming. Then finally we were able to go home with prescriptions and a very exhausted baby. Let me tell you Nate and I were completely emotionally drained. Ha ha. It was definitely an experience we never want to relive!! Isabella is doing a lot better...she is running around the house and tackling the cat...defintiely back to her old self!! We have a follow-up check-up scheduled for today...Ha ha...I am sure she will pass through it with flying colors. It is better to be safe then sorry right? We are just so happy she is feeling better! WE LOVE HER SO MUCH!!

Isabella and her kitty...BEST BUDDIES!!! They both sat on the chair and watched TV together. How cute!! Ha ha...he is such a good cat!

4 comments:

familyof4 said...

Oh my Goodness Stacie that must of been so scary for you guys. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing better.

Erin said...

OMG! Poor little Bella. I hope she is doing better. What a scary experience for you guys...

Anya said...

Hey- scary story (I hate it when babies are sick) but so glad to hear from you! I love blog surfing, it is a definite not-so-secret obsession of mine! I will add you to my page of buddies! Anyone you blog with that I would know?
Your girly-girl is so cute! I am envious... all boys at my house. Where do you live in town? We are in old Henderson before Boulder City. Great to hear from you!

Jodi said...

I feel for you Stacie. Callie threw up for nine days on and off. I was so scared and called the doctor like every day. You feel so bad for them when they are throwing up! I am glad that you guys took her in. I hope she is doing better. It is so exhausting. You get so worried about these little guys!