Before Christmas we met Nate's Family at Disneyland - the HAPPIEST place on earth - well sort of! Ha ha.
We made the mistake of going on Mr. Toads Fabulous Adventure FIRST! BAD MOVE! We thought it would be a great ride - it was in the kiddie area and the line was short - which should have been our first clue that this might not be a great ride. Well...oblivious we got on the ride and pretty much scared Bella to death! This ride for those of you like us - who did not know - is all about Mr. Toad's demise! It is dark and spooky with loud horns and flashing lights! Not the best ride for a 20 month old. Needless to say she screamed - "ALL DONE" "Daddy where are you?" and "NO NO NO" throughout the whole ride! Ha ha...and here I am trying to cover her eyes. I felt so bad like I totally ruined her first impressions of Disneyland!
We tried to redeem ourselves by going on the flying Dumbos which she seemed to really enjoy - but any ride after Toad that went in something - even if it was a TINY tunnel which you could see the other side before you even went through it - would make her scream! Oh well - maybe in a few more years! She did however like the Churros, Cotton Candy, Flowers, Parade, Grandma and Grandpa, and Disney Characters.
Christmas
1 year ago
3 comments:
How sad! Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was my favorite ride when we were little! I probably would have taken my boys on it first too! Wow - thanks for the warning...we'll save that one for a little bit...
That ride still scares me. I hate the part with the loud horn. But for some reason I really like it. It's kind of funny that some of the "kiddie" rides are quite often the scariest. The Snow White one is the same way. I can't wait to take Reese to Disneyland sometime though. How fun for you guys!
How sad! I wish Bella would of liked the ridse more. Taylor LOVES all the rides. but then again she's been going sice she was 3 months old. =0) Glad you had a great Christmas we'll get together soon!
Post a Comment