So as many of you know...last summer we spent a wonderful week at LAKE POWELL...on BIG BERTHA (Nate and I decided it was a fitting name)...the family's houseboat!! She was beautiful...HUGE...and filled with tons of good times!! Well...as we eagerly anticipated this years vacation...we got a phone call from my mom informing us that....
.... ....BIG BERTHA SUNK!!!
Yes yes...it's true...this beautiful HUGE houseboat SUNK...in it's sleeve...in the dock. SAY WHAT!??? Imagine my shock and horror!! Apparently the houseboat had been sinking for six weeks...AND NO ONE AT THE DOCK NOTICED!! Holy COW!! After some investigating they found that a filter or pump was not correctly fixed (something small and minor like that)...which caused poor Bertha's premature demise!! Sad sad day!! In a way I have to say it is quite funny. How often do you hear of a big houseboat sinking!! Ha ha!! Sad...but really really laughable!! Luckily there was insurance so BIG BERTHA TWO is already in the planning/building stages. Hopefully she will be ready to set sail next summer!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! We loved you Big Bertha!! Rest in PEACE!
Christmas
1 year ago
15 comments:
Hey Stacie!
Holly Hoffman (Spears) here. I found your blog through Tayla! So sad about your houseboat! Ha Ha! :)Your little girl is adorable! And congrats on the new little one coming soon! Just wanted to say hi!
Why did you name your houseboat after a cow?
Oh poor Bertha... and poor you guys, no fun on Lake Powell for you this year!!! Really though, that is quite funny, it's not like she was at sea in some fantastical storm, she was just parked there, slowly taking on water!!! hahaha... the visual is awesome :)
That's insane! I'm glad Big Bertha II is in progress.
Oh my gosh! I have never heard of a houseboat sinking in it's "parking spot"! And it's crazy no one noticed for several weeks! Your poor dad.
Sad for Bertha...but I am so glad you have so many pictures to remember her by :)
how SAD!!! she looked like she had a lot of fun memories! May she Rest In Peace
Sad:( But have a few questions for you. Trevs parents have a house boat there too and they go every year it's tradition. I would not go last year b/c I'm scared something would happen to Jaxson and they all still make fun of me. Trev is determined to go this year. We now have to kids but Bella and Jaxson are about the same age and you took her. How did it go? Maybe your not as paranoid as I am. What made you feel ok to go. I want to go because it's so important to Trev. Sorry for the book:)
OH shoot! I'm sorry to hear about the sinking...what a bummer. The plus about insurance is you can actually see it put to use:) Hope you get to have the new one in time for your summer vacations!!
I cannot believe that beautiful boat sank! I love that you can find humor in all situations! Hopefully the replacement will be done soon!
Oh no!!! Thank goodness for insurance! I think I have those same capris you are wearing.
we've made our blog private...you will need to create a wordpress username and the email me the username to be able to see it...just let me know: aliciahinrichs@gmail.com
The coke and mentos video you recommended to Chris is awesome!
Hi Stacie,
It's Jeniece Stacey Valley. Your blog is so cute! Bella is darling and so happy. Congratulations on your upcomng little one! How fun. Hope things are going well.
Tell your family we say Hello
We miss the dream boat, too. BUT... have you heard about the newer (bigger... gasp!) boat that is being built to replace Bertha?!!
It's going to be amazing.
Post a Comment