Found all of these fun winter pictures in my recently downloaded holiday photos. So many pics...where to start?!
I guess I'll start with the WEATHER! Over the last month, Kentucky has been pummelled with snow and ICE making all the roads slick and canceling schools and businesses! How cool/strange is that?! I've never seen anything like it! Unfortunately UK Healthcare, as Nate puts it, "never shuts down," so he still has to go in. But the girls and I nestled in for the long haul at home.
I might be the only person in Kentucky who is crazy enough to admit it, but I enjoy it! The snow...the rain...the ice...the cold!! Bring it on!!! Maybe it's because I grew up in a desert and snow was a such a novelty. Who knows. I just think the snow and ice are so beautiful! (I guess me and the horses can hang out together! They seem to be fine no matter the weather!) The girls and I spend our days inside doing crafts, jumping on our friends' indoor trampoline (that's a story for next time...ha ha), solving puzzles, baking and watching the world outside turn into one big ice cube.
We desertonians have actually learned some important snow lessons too...
1st - Snow shovels and rock salt are actually used for more then just making ice cream and scooping poop. (Who knew?) There have been days when our driveway was so slick that we couldn't get the car up it. So funny.
2nd - Don't let your daughter go to get the mail during an ice storm by herself. Bella took two steps outside and slid all the way down the driveway and into the street. Whoops.
3rd - Don't plan any vacations for the week after school gets out. Chances are with all the snow days school will be extended at least a week - maybe two!
Anyway - hope your winters are going well! I heard it snowed in Vegas again. Good times!! I still remember the big snow of 2008. So so fun.
I'm hoping to get our new 2011 Family THEME up soon!!! I'm so excited for this new year and all it's possibilities! And I'm excited for snow! Are you ready for round TWO tonight?! =)
Christmas
1 year ago









3 comments:
I love the snow too! That pic you took of the horses is amazing. You need to open an art gallery! So many great pics...you gotta post them up somewhere. :)
These photos are beautiful. You are so right! I would love KY.
Snow is so majestic and beautiful. Such great shots. I however didn't love living in it so much. I love visiting it and love seeing these/other pictures. But I HATE driving in it so I guess that's why I'd think twice about living in it again. I'm glad you are enjoying your new adventures. Love the snow girl.
Post a Comment