Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sophie and Boober

Today as I was going through our pictures for March - I came across these little gems.

Sophie and Boober. Best buds. Well at least she thinks so. It's funny how much this poor little cat can take. He gets poked, prodded, carried, nudged, sat on, squeezed, pulled, loved...

And he seems to take it all in stride - never lashing out or hissing. Such a good cat. That is until he peed on my pottery barn chair. Um. Not. Very. Nice. Mr. Cat.

So - he was ousted. Our indoor cat has now become an outdoor cat. Luckily, he doesn't seem to mind, too much. At least he can escape his best bud with more ease now. Ha ha.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This picture is my favorite. Check out Boober's face. Ha ha. It's like he's trying to go to his happy place. "Maybe if I sit real still and close my eyes - she'll go away. Just maybe."

Photobucket

3 comments:

Trimbles said...

Thats awesome! I thought his name was cosmo? That cute little kitty you hid from your landlord in Provo :) HAHA. Did you really kick him out? I really want to get the kids a pet when we go to MD but I dont know how to do indoor pets and I dont know how to do city pets either. Could a cat survive outside?

Stacie Hawley said...

Ha ha ha - yep - Suzette. Same kitty. And his name really is Cosmo - but the girls have lovinly nicknamed him Boober.

As far as a cat outdoors - I talked to my vet and he says it's fine. As long as they have a place to take shelter when it's rainy or cold - we bought a little dog house for Boober - and he does just fine! =) I think he enjoys his new found freedom too - he can run around the fields and catch things. Did I tell you he dropped a mouse on my front doorstep? How he managed to do that still boggles the mind - since he doesn't have front claws. Ha ha.

As far as a cat in the city outside - not so sure how that would work. =)

Natalie said...

You have an exceptionally patient cat. These are precious!