Two happy, healthy little princesses. The most beautiful girls in the world if I
do say so myself! I love them so much.
I have so many words, so many thoughts swirling through my mind – so many feelings, floating and landing, occasionally coming to the surface, overwhelming me with emotion. I seem to spend just as much time fighting the tears as I do spilling them. And then I laugh at myself. Then I cry. And then I laugh at myself for laughing. Then I cry again.
It’s a strange thing going through a miscarriage. I wish I could say this was my first. But it’s not.
It’s my second. And it’s
hard. SO hard.
After months of hoping, we finally found out we were
pregnant in April! I was so
excited! The funny part was that we were
already scheduled to see the fertility doctor again, but instead we found out we were pregnant!!! I almost called the doctor’s office to have them
help me announce to Nate that I was pregnant – but decided against it. LOL.
But wouldn’t that have been funny?
Instead I planned a cute little sign, something about upgrading the car
because we weren’t going to fit anymore!
LOL. It was cute. He loved it.
We were beaming.
Each day I felt excited – excited for the future. For the potential Christmas baby. For all the things to come!!! And I started planning our new life. Our family of five life. Our “we need a
van” life.
I shamelessly strolled the Buy Buy Baby aisles mentally
picking out items I wanted to get for our new baby. I looked at strollers and car
seats and pacifiers. I started to
mentally remodel our playroom into the baby room. I
played around with the Chinese Gender Predictor Chart – it was a boy. Ha! (Who knows how accurate – but who cares! It’s fun!)
I started thinking of names. I
bought a baby growth app for my iphone.
I thought about maternity clothes.
I bought Sophie a big sister
shirt.
Everything just felt right
– and I was so thrilled. So so thrilled.
And then … I can’t even begin to explain the despair at finding out that
you are about to miscarry. I felt my heart leap from my chest and burst
into a million little pieces. I’ve been through this before. Not again.
Not, again – I kept telling myself.
I lay in bed that night praying. Praying that everything was going to be fine
– that it was a false alarm…I prayed all night.
In the morning we went to the doctor and surrounded by all beautiful pregnant mothers in
the waiting room – I cried. Happy for them, but so sad for me.
It's been a strange few weeks and I apologize if I've been a little lack luster. My emotions and body seem to be going through a strange transition; acne (Yes, acne! It's so awful!), bloating, mood swings and weight gain - is this normal?!! It's one thing to lose a pregnancy but another ball game entirely when you add in the latter! Dear body, please stop! Love me. LOL.
As for now – I hold onto hope. Hope for the future. Hope for another chance. Hope for another baby.
As for now – I hold onto hope. Hope for the future. Hope for another chance. Hope for another baby.
I am so extremely grateful for the opportunity I have to be
a mother to my precious girls. Some
people never have the opportunity – and for mine I am extremely grateful. I love
them so much. I know that Heavenly Father is watching
out for me - even when I feel so alone in my struggles - He is there. He knows our pains and heartaches - and eventually I'm sure this will all make sense. He has a plan for me. I find peace in that. I hope that others who have gone through the same thing can take comfort in this knowledge too. Maybe we can all band together?!
I am looking forward to a new new future. Sunny, happy
days will come again. And maybe someday –
we really will need that van.
(May 2012 iPhone pictures)

23 comments:
I'm sorry. I hope you get feeling better soon physically. Mentally, it may take a while. But just know you are loved! :)
So sorry. I have been there too. It's amazing how quickly our whole world changes and our heat attaches to what will be. Then, to have it ripped away. Prayers are going up for you. Your faith is amazing, and it will sustain you. Hang in there girl.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, I can't say that I know what you are going through but know that we all love you!
My heart breaks for you Stacie. I know it hurts....you expressed it so eloquently. You're a wonderful Mother. Praying for God to bless you with at least one more baby, who will of course, have gorgeous hair. :o)
Oh Stacie, I am so very sorry. You have a beautiful family and your faith is inspiring.
I understand darling girl. Mine felt like my heart imploded and there was just nothing left. Im sorry and I love you. Just breath, tomorrow will come.
I am just so so sorry Stacie! Reading this brought back so many of my emotions after having Scott. Such a hard time! I will pray for you and I KNOW (from my experience) how much other peoples prayers will strengthen you. People and love are what helped me. I know that Heavenly Father is so very mindful of all that we venture through in this life. It's hard to go through but wonderful to have that knowledge. Love you! I'm here if you need to talk! Thank you for sharing your post.
Sending love and prayers your way!
Love you Stacie!
I love you Stacie. I'm so glad that there are already two beautiful little girls running around, hopefully growing up to be just like you. I'll keep hoping and praying for more, though.
So sorry for your loss! I totally understand what you are going through-so frustrating. Wish I was there to give you a hug!
So sorry Stacie! I felt like I was reading my own journal. I also found out I was pregnant with #3 in April, but have since miscarried (for a second time). It looks like we are off to see the fertility doctors again too. I feel your pain and wish it didn't have to be so dang hard to have a baby!!
A beautifully written share of your heartache. Go ahead and cry, laugh, whatever helps. I'll be thinking of you and praying that God brings you that van. Your family is beautful! Hugs.
Oh, Stacie. My heart aches for you. Please know that we are praying for you and your family.
Stacie, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know that you were going through this. Hope you feel better soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are wonderful sister and a great example of faith. I love you! Keep standing tall and be strong. Your beautiful girls are really lucky to have an amazing mommy like you. Sending you lots of hugs and love.
Oh, I'm so sorry Stacie! So not a fun thing to go through! I love how honestly you expressed everything. One thing's for dang sure...your girls are absolutely DARLING! I will be thinking of you guys and hoping for the best!
Sending you love, love, and more love, Stac.....
Stacie, My heart just breaks for you. I know all too well the ups and downs, the hopes and disappointments,and the joy and sadness of pregnancy and loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet family. You are an amazing mom with such a big heart, your girls are so blessed.
Stacie, My heart just breaks for you. I know all too well the ups and downs, the hopes and disappointments,and the joy and sadness of pregnancy and loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet family. You are an amazing mom with such a big heart, your girls are so blessed.
THANK YOU!!!! EVERYONE for all the love and prayers and hugs! And for sharing your stories. To those of you who have gone through this - BIG HUGS! I'm so sorry - but grateful that you shared - makes me feel so much less alone. Love love love!
I'm sorry to hear about your loss :( I had a misscarriage too. Reading your personal thoughts brough back many sad memories. My heart breaks for you sweet Stacie. Thank you for sharing. It was beautifully written and I'm sure your experience will help many others :)
I'm just sick for you. So so sorry to hear that. We are thinking of you! Let's get together and play this summer!
Post a Comment