...SUPER DAD!!!
That's right, he lives here, in our house. It pretty much rocks.
Since we were going to be out-of-town again for Father's Day we decided to surprise our hero man with an early, very yumtastic super dad feast! Steak and potato style. His favorite.
I scowered the internet for ideas and happened upon this lovely little blog. Her ideas are pretty much awesome. So we ran with it. The girls and I planned it out, gathered the goods (Dad's Root Beer!! Could it get any better?!) and while Nate was at work on Saturday, we made all of our decorations.
I told the girls not to tell Daddy that we got him anything for Father's Day. Don't say a word! They promised. And they were pretty good about keeping the secret unless telling Daddy the minute we got home that we didn't get him anything for Father's Day counts? I guess I need to be more specific. Sophie girl. She was just too excited. She thought she had saved the day by informing him of our lack of effort. LOL.
On Sunday, the girls and I raced home from church to set up and cook while Nate was at a baptism!!
He came home to cheers and laughter and lots of root beer. He loved it. And even though Sophie kept telling him that she didn't get him anything for Father's Day - he still actually had no idea! I would have totally figured it out. LOL. Just saying.
Here are a few of the places we found our items:
Super Dad Sign Instructions - Workman Family Blog
Dad Root Beer - Kmart
Father's Day Tissue - Walmart
Cards - Target (We actually bought our Father's Day cards before we had the "super dad" idea. I couldn't have planned it any better!!!)
Meet My Dad Interview Sheets - Pink Peppermint Blogger
We love you Daddy! Thanks for being the best father and husband any girl could ask for!!! You truly are our hero.










Christmas
1 year ago
2 comments:
This is so cute!! I especially love the responses to the daddy page!!!
Oh my! So cute! You have the most gorgeous girls. what a fun idea for fathers day! You are so creative,i don't know where you find the time..
sorry to hear about your miscarriage, i'm thinking of you.. ;)
Post a Comment