Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Venting lemons...

Sometimes, when I don't think I can handle anything else, life throws more.

I try to catch the lemons as they are thrown, but with my hands tied up in making so much lemonade, all the new lemons just leave large bruises on my heart.

Ugh.  I feel like a Baa-humbugger today.  Why can't things just go my way?!!  Ha ha.

First of all, I'm tired.  Tired of still living as students after almost ten years of marriage.  I'm proud of my husband for going forward with higher education and I know it will pay off someday - but right now.  I'm just done.  And I'm pregnant.

I'm tired of trying to batten down the "hously" hatches by myself, as said husband is constantly having to go out of town for conferences for school, or for moonlight work, so that we can somewhat try and pay the bills each month.  I love him for it - but it's exhausting to both of us.  And I'm pregnant.

I have an extremely demanding calling - which I love - but with all the extra work - my attempt at trying to simplify my life has gone right out the window.  I need dependability.  I need an extra set of hands.  And I'm pregnant.

And then, just when I thought our car problems were over... our new (used 2012) van decided to have issues.  We have only had it for ONE MONTH.  Both the driver's seat and front passenger seat have started squeaking whenever someone sits down.  Not to mention the noise when we turn the car left or right.  It's constant and loud.  It is under warranty - but the dealership has been a NIGHTMARE to work with which makes matters worse.  At first they said they couldn't hear the problem.  And when we asked to speak to the manager over the repairs - the man who came out was deaf.  Um...hello.  He also had completely rotted out teeth.  Now after THREE failed attempts - they have only made the problems WORSE - but call us and tell us it's "done" to which we find that they have done nothing.  My confidence in their abilities is waining.  No, actually it's gone.  Lemon.

I wish I could just ignore the noises, but they are so apparent and predictable, and annoying.  We spent way too much money on this car for it to be having these issues.  Granted - Kia's are cheap.  But still, a 2012, albeit used?  We also spent SO much time researching and looking and test driving. How did I pick out a car with hidden issues?  I'm embarrassed, defeated, frustrated, and extremely angry.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all the stress go away.

And did I mention I'm pregnant?

2 comments:

Steph said...

Lame. That stinks. I hate when husbands travel/work late or all night. It is the pits.

Car issues are even worse.

Call me if you just want to vent sometime. I'd be happy to hear from you... even if you just want to complain! :)

jg said...

Oh honey, this won't last forever. Your husband will finish school, he'll have his own practice, your children are all healthy and soon you'll have a sweet new baby. I know you feel overwhelmed right now, but this too shall pass. Been there.