Friday, August 31, 2007

LAKE POWELL 2007


























Hooray for Lake Powell!! This year my parents bought a share of a houseboat at Lake Powell...so exciting! They thought it would be a great way to spend time together as a family...and I totally agree! Ha ha! Dad, Mom, Isabella, the Heaps, Chris's roommates (Gary, Jan, and Kyle), and I all spent a week on the lake and had a blast! Nate couldn't come because he was in finals! SAD...tear tear. Hopefully he will be able to come next year! Here are just a few of the fun things we did!

WAKE BOARDING...I tried it for the first time and LOVED IT! I can totally go in and out of the wake...I think I am pretty cool! Mom even tried it and was great too!! Ha ha...my brother and his friends put me to shame though because they can do all these awesome tricks!

SKIING...Dad is still the pro...and Jan got up on slalom!! Go Jan!

TUBING...this was great. We would hook up two tubs to the back of the boat and then it was all you could do to hold on!!!

HIKING to RAINBOW BRIDGE...hot but fun! Ha ha...Jan and Dad helped carry Isabella.

WATER SLIDES...Chris liked to pose for the camera as he jumped!

JET SKIS...need I say more?

JACUZZI TIME...the house boat is amazing...it has seven bedrooms, four bathrooms, a huge kitchen, and so much more! It seriously is WAY bigger than my apartment! Ha ha...it also has this awesome jacuzzi that was on one of the decks. It was so relaxing!

MISSIONARY PICTURES...every night we had one of the boys tell about their missions. It was really neat to see their pictures and hear all their stories!

KAYAKS...the houseboat also came with kayaks...we had a lot of fun paddling around the beach!

SANDCASTLES...Bella loved watching us make sandcastles. She really had no interest in the sand...ha ha...what a stinker.

READING...I read my VAMPIRE books throughout the trip. I LOVE THEM!! ha ha...I am still finishing the third! I am so glad you are all enjoying them too!

HUGE RAINSTORM...one day we had a total downpour...and all of a sudden there were these huge waterfalls coming down the canyon walls! It was so neat!

SLIDE SHOWS...at the end of every day we would download all the pictures taken that day onto the computer and then watch the daily picture slide show on the big screen. Ha ha...it was so fun to see all the wake boarding and tubing crashes!!

GETTING STRANDED...one of the nights Chris, Jan, and I took the boat out to find some cell phone service so I could call Nate. After the call we found that the boat wouldn't start! Ha ha. We were stranded. We waited and waited...called the Marina...who told us that the emergency service people were "in for the night"...some emergency service...and then we were finally rescued by dad! HOORAY! We actually had a lot of fun...and we documented the whole ordeal with video. Ha ha!

AND MUCH MORE!!! It was such a fun vacation! I am already excited for next year!!

10 comments:

Taralee said...

THAT SOUNDED LIKE A BLAST!!!! I'm sitting here reading it and totally wishing I could do it to. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to see if MY family is up to something like that. It would be a BLAST! And what beautiful pictures!! Seriously, it looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing this fun post...even though it makes us all jealous :) haha!

Rachel B. said...

How fun! We were in Powell in June. It was my first time there and we had a lot of fun. That stinks that Nate wasn't able to go, but so nice to be able to spend all that time with your other family. That's crazy that you got stranded for a little while. I would be scared. Thank goodness for rescuing fathers! Very fun and cute pictures!

The Barrow's said...

ok, so I might be getting better at this bloging thing, anyways it looks like you had a blast on the house boat. So sad that Nate couldn't be there with you guys. But at least you have great pictures to show him., Too funny about getting stranded, things like that always seem to happen to you, glad to hear your safe and sound.

Jodi said...

What an awesome vacation! I have never been to Lake Powell (remember I didn't grow up anywhere near here). But, I want to go sometime!

familyof4 said...

SO FUN! I've never been to Lake Powell but it looks beautiful! And what a COOOL house boat..and with 7 rooms!! NICE! =0) I have never been able to get up on the wakeboard but am pretty good at kneeboarding! Lets plan a time that we can go out together with my parents boat too! Have you taken Bella on the tubes?
Chris went with my family on Saturday and I was totally jealous and wanted to go! I keep telling myself only 2 more weeks and then I'll be able to get back in the water!

Brittney G. said...

How fun! Sad that Nate couldn't go but it looks like you guys had a blast! So cute!

Trimbles said...

YEAHH!!!! IM SO GLAD YOU FINALLY GOT A BOAT!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA... I totally wished I would have gone with you *(#*&$#(*@#*$ HAHA. How fun, And I LOVE it when it rains! Those are such cool waterfalls! It hasnt happened to us for a few years... I guess Im the only one who likes rain at Powell. But whatever. And Kayakes! Our boat has those too and it is so fun, you can go exploring. Im guessing you guys are in either STateline or Wahweep though. Dang. Ours is in Bullfrog. We sold our Wahweep boat and upgraded a few years ago. I love it! And I so glad you had so much fun. Yeah, I got up on the wake board for the first time this year too. I have a few wipe out pics like yours ! HAHA. I love your facial expression. Well, sorry it took so long, I've been sick this whole stupid week. So I finally am updated too. Im so glad your back and you had fun! Tell Natan Stinty hi and I just LOVE YOU! When are you moving? We seriously just about got in the car and came to Vegas this last weekend. We both had MOnday off. We should have planned it earlier! #*($&#*

Trimbles said...

I know, my blog was crazy. And yes, my poor toes! Shame on Him! And yes, it was a head board! HAHAHAHAHA I knew you would get a kick out of it! But it looks really nice, I"ll take a pic tonight and post it. I figured you would be the only one who would get it since you lived through the whole ottoman process ! HAHAHA --it was Christophers idea! And then he repented of it when I totally drug him to Home Depot! HAHA

Lisah said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun!!! It makes me very jealous that you were near water considering I am here in the black hole of Idaho!!!

Trimbles said...

So, honey, I could never figure out why people put hot tubs on thier houseboats unless they were going to run them in the winter, which most people dont do. Was the water hot? Why would someone want a hot hottub when its 115 outside? Or did you keep the water cold? I guess bubbles would be nice on a stiff body... Enlighten me :)