Saturday, September 8, 2007

BYU ROCKS!!






So who knew that rocks could be so much fun, but Bella sure had a great time with them this morning. She found a stash of rocks at Grandma and Grandpa's house and would carry them one at a time to the sidewalk and line them up. At first we we didn't realize what she was doing, but when first two, then three, then four, then five and more rocks ended up in her line, we couldn't help but to laugh. We were amazed not only at how straight she tried to make her line, but also how she tried to space the rocks perfectly. When she decided her line was done she looked at it, clapped and then proceeded to take it apart by taking the rocks one by one back to where she found them. She was doing great putting all the rocks back, when one of them slipped out of her hands as she was putting it down and it landed on her little toe. We felt so bad for her--you could tell it really hurt. We fixed up her toe with a band-aid (her first band-aid, not including shot bandaids) and watched some Mickey Mouse until it felt better. Before too long she was back to normal and ready for the day--which of course included the BYU GAME--she proudly wore her Cougar shirt all day...too bad the Cougs couldn't pull it out in the end.

9 comments:

Rachel B. said...

How did I miss so much! I swear I just barely read your blog. You guys have had a lot going on lately! So fun! That's exciting you got to go to LA. So that gate around your parent's pool is amazing. If I ever have a pool I think I'd put one up just like it. It looks so safe! I'm so paranoid about little people falling in. That is so cute what she did with the rocks; I especially love that she clapped when she was all done. So sweet!

Zachariah Parry said...

Just when I was at the peak of my frustration, not being able to picture a big toe with a bandaid on it - you provide a picture to alleviate my stress. You guys are the best!

Really, though - doesn't it break your heart when your little girl gets hurt? Especially when she is in the middle of something cute?

Jen said...

That is so cute how she lined up the rocks. You know now that she has had her first band aid, she is probably going to want them all the time now with lots of different characters! So fun.

The Barrow's said...

Hey, I just wanted to write you a little note and let you know how great it was talking to last night sorry I was a little stressed and overwhelmed with my new calling. Your pitures are so cute. I am glad that you had fun in California. Good luck with your move. Talk to you again soon. Thanks for the B-Day note.

Taralee said...

The rock-line is the cutest thing! And then her hurting herself makes it even more sad because she was totally in the middle of something so cool :(

meg said...

I love that she did that with her rocks! I also love that she has a BYU shirt...we need to get one for
Clare :)

April said...

Great pictures of your California vactation!
I love the little cougar shirt Bella is sporting. When Jaden realized we were watching BYU on tv he starting pulling off his shirt and insisted that he wear his byu shirt instead. Maybe if he would have had his on earlier the cougars could have pulled off the win!

Jodi said...

Go Cougs! I love that she lined her rocks up so perfectly. What a smartie!

Jodi said...

P.S. - I didn't realize that you had tons of new posts! I loved them all! It looks like you guys have had some fun adventures!