Thursday, November 29, 2007

BYU vs. UTAH and Festival of TREES!!

GO COUGARS!!! This weekend we were able to support our team by going to the BYU vs. UTAH game! We drove to Utah after Thanksgiving with my family...the BYU FANATICS! We had great seats and the game was so exciting. Bella thought so too until she completely fell asleep during the FOURTH QUARTER! This child never ceases to amaze us. She won't sleep anywhere but her crib...seriously...and I guess a loud intense football game during the best part! What a stinker! Daddy is still proud of her though because she can now say "BYU", "cougars", "kick the ball", "football", and yes of course, "TOUCHDOWN" complete with hand gestures! BYU won the game due to a last minute touchdown and the fans rushed the field! What a game!

Nate and I at the game...BYU ALUMNI...ha ha...that is funny to say!
Bella...totally out...ha ha! Rushing the FIELD...we won!
My family...WE ARE CRAZY!


I was also able to go the the FESTIVAL OF TREES!! Poor Nate had to go home for school so he wasn't able to go...maybe next year! Anyway...it is a huge event put on every year in Utah in order to make money for Primary Children's Medical Center. It is a charity event where trees, wreaths, centerpieces, quilts, play houses, and more are DONATED and DECORATED...and sold. ALL the money earned is donated to help the children and families that go to the hospital! IT IS AN AMAZING THING! I can't even begin to explain how cool it is...there are HUNDREDS of trees and they all are decorated so neat! Most of the trees have sweet stories behind them or are put together for a child who has passed away from cancer. So touching!! Some of the trees sell for Tens of Thousands of dollars!! Celebrities come every year too...ha ha! My grandma actually used to the be CO-Chairwomen for the event...go GG!! Well...this year was just as grand and the trees were absolutely stunning! My mom even bid on a little stitchery and won! We were so proud! Ha ha! It is just so sad to see children so sick...remember to keep these children in your prayers!!

Mom, Amanda, Brooke, GGP, Cami and me.




5 comments:

Lisah said...

Looks like so much fun! People are so creative decorating those trees! Bella is so cute!

Trimbles said...

OMGosh, I was wondering where you've been! HOW FREAKING FUN!!! And your seats at the game were awesome, I can just picture Bella and her new words :) Im glad you had fun... you've been crazy all over with Cynda's party and now Utah...And I love the new site. very cute. I havent decided if Im gonna change mine for Christmas, I just put it the way it is...Ok, well, welcome back. TTYL.

meg said...

That's fun you went to the game? I can't believe she fell asleep! That is so precious. We should get together before Christmas.

Lindzie said...

Your family is so fun! I love your new page layout! I might have to convince my husband to help me get my page as cute as yours!

Taralee said...

You and Nate look so cute in that first picture!