Friday, November 30, 2007

Summerlin Christmas Celebration

A few days ago we were able to go to the Annual Summerlin Christmas Celebration!! It was so much fun...we just love our little community! They really go all out for the holidays and this party was no exception! We were able to do so many fun things and celebrate the season even without the snow! Ha ha. Here are some of the things we did...

  • MRS. CLAUS - Bella was a little nervous and wouldn't move of look up for the picture. It was hilarious!

  • HOT CHOCOLATE AND COOKIES - they had tables full of yummy Christmas cookies and hot chocolate! Yum!

  • DANCING - they had a dance floor set up so all the kids could dance with Curious George, Mr. Mouse, Summerlin Sam, a reindeer, a snowman, and a gingerbread man. Bella LOVED all the characters. I think she gave every single one a hug!

  • SLEIGH RIDE - well almost...ha ha...minus the snow. They had two beautiful horses pulling a big sleigh with wheels. It was great we rode around the park and sang Christmas songs!!

  • PONY RIDES - Bella loved this too! She got to ride the pretty white pony!

  • TRAIN RIDE - Bella and Daddy rode together! She kept saying "Choo-choo" and waving every time they passed by!

  • SANTA CLAUS - Ha ha...Bella was so funny...she didn't know what to think...all she knows is that he says "ho ho ho." But...this is so cute...the only thing she said to him was...ELMO...she was so serious...I guess she will be getting Elmo. ha ha.

  • COOKIE DECORATING - we didn't do this...but it sure looked fun!

  • LETTER to SANTA - Summerlin does this cool thing where that let the kids write letters...send them...and they write back as if they were Santa! So cool huh?!

It was just a lot of fun! I JUST LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!!

COOKIES...yummy! I might look a little too excited! Ha ha.
This is how Bella waits in line...ha ha.
Our little Reindeer!
Riding her pony!
Warming up by the heater!
Sleigh Ride!!

Santa Claus
The dancing Snowman!
Bella loved the monkey!
Chugga chugga choo choo!

4 comments:

Trimbles said...

Thats so awesome!!! Atleast she wasnt yelling DDDAAAAAAADDDDDDDYYYYYYYY like that little girl on the strip with the M&M guy. But her face with both Santa and Mrs Claus is funny, you can tell she's like... what the... How do they pay for all that stuff? Im assuming the HOA fees... So yeah, the presents, I was so done Christmas shopping weeks ago! I had quit a bit done even before I cam to see you. Those candles we got were just about the last things I had to get :) And since we are going home for christmas, they're everyone else's presents. I just couldnt keep them in the corner anymore, not when we have a tree :) I want pics of your decorations!!!

taylors said...

So how the heck do you hear about all these fun activities? I really need to get mason out to fun things like this. He is terrified of Santa! I would love to get together with you to have you help me with my blog! Maybe next week? I'll give you a call! See ya!

Anya said...

So great- what a fab night!

Rachel B. said...

How fun. I love the look on her face with Santa and Mrs. Claus. At least she'll go up to them. Last year Reese sat on Santa's lap at 2 months and everybody kept saying that this would be the last time for a LONG time she'd do it.

So the Blogs2Books I haven't totally done, but when my friend who programmed it was out here she did show me how to do it. It's very straight forward once you download it. If you do it and have suggestions of different features you think would be nice she's totally up for suggestions. My friend Cynthia did it and said it worked awesome. Look on Cynthia's blog under my links and scroll a little down to her Blogs2Books post. If you want, I can get you in touch with each other and you can ask her questions about how it worked for her. Just let me know.