Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Las Vegas ZOO...???

Today we went to the "GHETTO FABULOUS" Las Vegas ZOO! Kara coined the term perfectly! Ha ha...it was quite funny and sad all at the same time and yet we managed to have a lot of fun anyway. Kara invited us to go with some people in her ward so we brought along Heidi and Katelyn. When trying to find the zoo we passed it right by because it was so small. Ha ha. But once we were parked we don't know how we missed it because it seems that every pigeon in Las Vegas calls the place home. Ha ha. Bella was quite excited by all the birds but I was a little leery of the little creatures. We walked around and saw many animals in their cages: goats, turtles, monkeys, snakes, ostriches, MANY kinds of BIRDS, a cougar, and a big old lion. Pretty much I just named every animal there. However we saw many MORE animals/birds uncagged that seemed to follow us around. There were peacocks, roosters, chickens, and other weird birds just aimlessly walking around the premises. Ha ha. It was quite the experience. CLASSIC GHETTO ZOO!! Got to love it!

Random peacock...one of MANY that followed us around.
The Big LION...a.k.a. BIG KITTY
"Cock-a-doodle-doo!!!"
Another...one of MANY!
The BIRDS...it was like a scene from the movie.
Turtles

9 comments:

Sarah Goodsell said...

I had no clue we had a zoo. Well what some people would consider a zoo! Looks like a fun day.

Lisah said...

Looks like so much fun! Can't say good old Rexburg even has a zoo.. My poor kids are so deprived. You are making such fun memories for Bella!

The Barrow's said...

All of those birds are hillarious. I could just see them fallowing you everywhere, but it looks like you still had a great time. Bella looks like she is having fun with all the animals.

The Barrow's said...

Ok, so I just re-read my comment and I do know how to spell the word "following." I can't believe I did that. Sorry! He hee

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh! You weren't kidding about the birds. What a crack up! I love Vegas sophistication and culture! Ha ha!

Brooke said...

That's funny you made it out to the Las Vegas Zoo.. I always ask Cody about it. So, I got those shoes at Children's Orchard. The lightly-used clothing store off of Green Valley. I love it there! And you can sell your clothes to them and either get store credit or cash back. But, I bought them for six dollars and thought, 'hm.. these look expensive, boutique expensive" I got home and googled them and sure enough they were about $45- or so! Funny huh? So, check there, if you haven't already, for some fun, surprising buys!

Rachel B. said...

"Ghetto fabulous"...that's awesome. I'm so proud of my home town for representing with a zoo. I don't think I knew they even had one. Love it.

Jodi said...

There really were birds following you around- I was laughing out loud! The pictures are amazing of the Ghetto zoo! I guess I won't complain about the Hogle zoo anymore!

Jen said...

Looks like even a Ghetto Zoo can be fun!