Monday, March 24, 2008

Feeling Blue???


So I have been sitting at my computer now for about an hour – trying to somehow express how I am feeling but with absolutely no success. I do not have any great writing skills, as seen by how many “… … …” and “—” and “ha ha’s” I use when I write, and usually my sentences amount to about five words each, or they completely run on connected by…my favorite…dots and dashes. Unfortunately, I have never been, and probably never will be a great writer...but it doesn't stop me from trying. Ha ha. But sometimes I just can’t ever get the thoughts from my head out into words that make sense. Quite the BUMMER. I read so many wonderful blogs where the words and thoughts are so easy to read – and so enjoyable.

So sorry readers – this is not one of those eloquent blogs. Ha ha.

So today…instead of tackling the massive amount of laundry, cleaning up the blanket that my cat threw up on (nasty)…cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, or bedrooms…or any of the other things that have piled up…I decided to sit down at my computer and take a personality test. Ha ha – yep random I know…but lately I have been feeling so…I can’t even find the words (here’s to being a horrible writer)…I guess you could say "BLUE". HA HA. Yeah – that is the best word I could find to describe it. Ha ha. It just seems like there is so much going on (yet again…another horrible description…ha ha)…so many things to juggle… jobs to get done…friends and family to balance…people to please…and the list goes on. Ahhh! Ha ha…come to find out…it’s a major part of who I am…well at least that’s what Dr. Taylor Hartman says. He has written the Personality Color Code test that describes different personality types. I was kind of shocked to read about myself – can anyone guess what I am??

RED…BLUE…WHITE…YELLOW…

The REDS:
REDS are motivated by POWER. They seek productivity and need to look good to others. Simply stated, REDS want their own way. They like to be in the driver's seat and willingly pay the price to be in a leadership role. REDS value whatever gets them ahead in life, whether it be in their careers, school endeavors, or personal life. What REDS value, they get done. They are often workaholics. They will, however, resist doing anything that doesn't interest them.

REDS like to be right. They value approval from others for their intelligence and practical approach to life, and want to be respected for it. REDS are confident, proactive, and visionary; but can also be arrogant, selfish, and insensitive. When others interact with you, as a RED you respond to them best if they are precise, factual, direct, AND show no fear!

The BLUES:
BLUES are motivated by INTIMACY. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

BLUES have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). BLUES are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone, once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

The Whites:
WHITES are motivated by PEACE. They seek independence and require kindness. They resist confrontation at all costs. To them, feeling good is more important than being good. They are typically quiet by nature, process things very deeply and objectively with great clarity. Of all the colors, WHITES are the best listeners. They respect people who are direct but recoil from perceived hostility or verbal battle.

WHITES need their "alone time" and refuse to be controlled by others. WHITES want to do things their own way and in their own time. They ask little of others and resent others demanding much of them. WHITES are much stronger than people think, but are not often seen for their strength because they don't easily reveal their feelings. WHITES are even-tempered, diplomatic, and the voice of reason; but can also be indecisive, unexpressive, and silently stubborn. When others interact with you, as a WHITE you respond to them best if they are kind, accepting and supporting of your individuality, and if they look for non-verbal clues to understand your feelings.

The YELLOWS:
YELLOWS are motivated by FUN. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. YELLOWS need to be adored and praised. While YELLOWS are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. YELLOWS typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart.

YELLOWS need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. YELLOWS are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. YELLOWS are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When others interact with you, as a YELLOW you respond to them best if they take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions with you.


Yes…I am sure those of you who know me well guessed correctly – how could you get it wrong??? Ha ha. I AM A BLUE. It is so me. And I am kind of sad about it…ha ha…tear…can’t I just be a YELLOW?? They seem to have all the fun without all the drama. I guess being a blue isn’t all that bad…or is it… it does account for how I have been feeling lately. To my friends, I am the most loyal and giving person—nothing makes me happier than to know that I’ve made someone I care about smile…and then when someone goes out of their way to make me feel loved, well then they can count on my friendship forever—and you know someone doesn’t even have to go too far out of their way, the smallest kind acts just put "blue people" on cloud nine. Seriously – as long as they are sincere!! That is the part of being blue that I really like, that my friends can know that they can count on me and that I will ALWAYS be there for them…I LOVE ALL MY FRIENDS…unfortunately not every part of being a blue is all fun and games…when I feel unappreciated or feel like someone doesn’t care, or left out, it really affects me. So frustrating and lame!! Ha ha. I wish I wasn't so affected. I feel like people should be genuine and real in every situation and when they’re not, I don’t understand it…which leads me to my question: CAN A PERSON CHANGE THEIR COLOR? Answer that Dr. Hartman. I am tired of being a blue! I want to be a yellow!! Ha ha. Find out what you are…here’s the site…let me know. Maybe some of you are feeling a little "BLUE" too! Ha ha!

It's free, easy and just takes a few minutes!! Have fun getting to know yourself and others!

22 comments:

Shelley said...

I used to be WAY more red than I am now, so you can change your color somewhat, but don't lose all those beautiful blue qualities you have! I think this personality test is really fun and can offer some good insight into understanding both ourselves and others, just don't put yourself in a box with it. We are all given opportunities to grow beyond ourselves, if we choose to. Sadly, those experiences are rarely pleasant. I hope I have a good, long life, because there are tons of important lessons I'll probably take a long time to learn. On the up side, I've definitely changed and learned along the way. Sometimes it is even harder to have patience with ourselves than with others. Sorry this comment is sounding like a group therapy session or something. Anyway, I send hugs from across the country. I think you are beautiful and amazing.

Shelley said...

P.S. Another fun personality test is the Myers Briggs.

B said...

Well, go figure, I'm a blue too... but the nice thing is that I've decided that you are just a wonderful Stacie and I am just a wonderful Becky, I think we both have many colors to our personalities and are much too complicated to be put into one tiny catergory! Chin up and keep smiling, you are a wonderful blue and then some :)

Jen said...

I have taken this before and I am a Red. Interesting, I don't feel so red.

Uffens Family said...

Definitely a blue here...Even with your writing style :) with the dots and dashes (which if you notice I prefer that style of writing :))...you described the down fall of the BLUES perfectly!

jamieBEE said...

i LOVE your blog style! it reminds me so often of my own made up english writing-RULES! hehehe And if you are interested in changing your color I have another color test for you to take. It is a book that I have - it changed my life when i was at BYU! Lets get together at the park this week and i will bring my book! so you can take the test....it is a really quick test! and A little SUNSHINE will help bring out your YELLOW! :)
call me 982 ooo7

Christoph said...

Guess what Stacie!! I'm a BLUE too!! (I'm not exactly sure if that's a good thing or not...) haha!! But Blue you see, is good to me!

Perry Family said...

Blues are the best, I'm married to a blue!!! I just loved your comment. Yes, we put an offer in a house located in Rhodes Ranch, it should all work out pretty good. It's actually the exact same floor plan that we are living in now, with a few changes. But we are excited to move closer to family.
I love your posts, very creative! And I love how you write...I think we are all our own worst critic, but you do write wonderful things! I'm with you, I'd rather blog than clean the house...so much more fun and interesting than laundry!! HA HA HA!

Mike and Chiye said...

I'm excited to take this test, I've never done it before. I'll let you know. I love reading your blog, it's always full of fun things, like this!!! You're GREAT!

B said...

um... they told me that they are calling all my people on Tuesday... don't hold your breath! But at least they have someone approved for it, I should know by Wednesday for sure and I'll shoot you an email!

Melody said...

Hi Nate! (And Stacie,too... I grew up with Nate) I found your blog through... I don't even know actually. Clicking around other people's blogs! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you have the most BEAUTIFUL little girl. She is seriously BREATHTAKING!! Don't know if they come cuter. And I'm probably about as unbiased about it as they come, so you know it's true! And congratulations on the new one to come! Stacie, maybe part of the feeling "blue" is the pregnancy? I've got a 5 month old and I feel like I was a LOT more blue than normal during that whole experience. And I don't mean sad, I mean everything that comes with being a blue personality. From just the couple blogs that I read, you seem like a very sweet person and I'm sure people are glad to know you just the way you are!

Stacie Hawley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jocelyn said...

Stacie I just saw your comment on Erin's blog and I wanted to assure you I was not talking about you! (I'm sure you were losing sleep at night over it...right?!) I am seriously obsessed with Bella...you actually have something to brag about because she is the world's cutest little girl.

Uffens Family said...

What about Spring Break...are you guys going anywhere?? We are sticking around...we could do dinner and games??? Let me know :)

Megan said...

Man, I'm a red! But they had me answer how I was when I was a kid... we change don't we?? I don't want to be a red :( I want to be yellow too!! Let's just start telling people we are yellows. PS- I love your blogging, don't change a thing!!

Becca said...

I have always been a perfect split between red and yellow (though I become more blue the older I get), and my husband is a perfect split of blue and white. It's awesome. :)

Brian Wall said...

Apparently I'm a blue too, although I think that test is a little confusing since they have you answer the questions as you were when you were a "child," and my personality has changed quite a bit since then.

And, by the way, I think the ... and "Ha Ha" parts of your writing add character, so don't lose them.

Eliza said...

Stace - I love you and your blue personality. I am soooo red it is ridiculous. When I was reading, I could relate to yellow, but that isn't my base personality. I force myself to be more adventurous (skydiving). So I would say you can be any part of any color that you want to be. Call me and we'll go for a drive in my Mini.

Lisah said...

I didn't even have to take the test to know I was BLUE when I read the descriptions. Funny how we are so easily predictable! You are so sweet and great Stacie. I hope people think that about me!

Shelley said...

Stace, thanks for sharing the memory of our ditching day on my blog! I just love that memory - that was such a fun adventure!

Erin said...

i am a total yellow - its sick.

Perry Family said...

K, so I said in my previous comment that we were going to get a house in Rhodes Ranch, but things changed so fast, we felt much better about the one in Mountain's Edge. We would LOVE to have you guys over after we get all moved in...Bryanna would love to play with Bella. Although, sad to say the backyard at the new place is all dirt, Mark will be laying sod in the next couple of weekends after we settle down. Anyway, then you can teach me some more tricks about blogging. (Like I still don't know how to put a url link in a post...it's probably so easy, but I just can't figure it out!)