Thursday, May 29, 2008

a few happenings

Recently I celebrated my 27th birthday! CRAZY!! It was a really fun day full of sun, yummy food, and SURPRISES!! When I woke up Nate had cleaned the house, baked a cake, and set out balloons and flowers!! How cute is that!! He was up all night studying...poor guy...but even that didn't stop him from pulling off a great surprise!! Later that morning Bella and I met up with some friends and went swimming. Ok...so the little girls swam and we sat in the shade...ha ha...but it was still fun!! Bella just loves getting together with her friends and I love getting together with their mommys!! It's great!

When Nate got home from school we decided to go to one of our favorite restaurants...RED ROBIN...yummy yummy!! I just love their fried cheese sticks. HEAVEN! Ha ha. After dinner we had a family swim party! Nate, Bella, and I headed to our little community pool and relaxed in the Jacuzzi! Can I just say...it felt so good!!

Then we when we got home...we opened presents...NATE TOTALLY SURPRISED ME!! He got PHANTOM of the OPERA Tickets!!! WHOO-HOO!! I have been wanting to go for years now...and he was so sly!! He has the evening all planned...we are dropping Bella off at Grandma's and then we are off to see the show on FRIDAY NIGHT!! I seriously can't wait...and lucky us...I guess the ticket lady hooked him up with some really great seats!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!! Love him!! He is seriously the best! (Here are a few pics from the Birthday Day.)



Other News...here are Bella and her little friends!! Aren't they just the cutest girls!! We try to get them together at least twice a week to swim because they have so much fun together!! This was a recent swim day...the girls just all decided to hold hands and walk around the pool. TOO CUTE...of course I had to grab my camera and get some pictures! Got to love little girls!!



Ok...so...I wasn't able to post this sooner...but I am still a little upset so I am posting it now. I usually DO NOT get that into American Idol that I feel the need to vote...but this year...I was just loving Archie!! I am still...yes...STILL...upset that David Cook won...sorry to all you David Cook fans...but I really wanted Archie to win. And yes...I did vote...like 100 times! Ha ha! I WILL be buying his CD when it comes out...I love his voice!

Also...anyone read this book yet?? I don't know if it sounds appealing yet...I just wanted to get some feedback. I really liked the Twilight Series...but this book seems a little weird. I read the summary thing and was a little unsure. So if any of you have read it...I would love to hear how you liked it.

25 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day. You'll have to let us know how you like Phantom!

April said...

Glad to see you had a good birthday, Nate did a great job!
I feel the same as you about The Host. I put a request for it at the library so hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to test the waters. It doesn't sound that appealing to me but at the same time either did teenage vampires!
We'll definately have to get our kids together in about 16 years!

Lisah said...

Happy Birthday Stacie!!! I haven't heard GREAT things about that book. Kind of mixed reviews. It looks like so much fun with those little girls! You are making such good memories for her!

The Barrow's said...

Stacie, so glad to see that you had such a wonderful birthday!!! Way to go Nate on the great surprises, and Phantom how wonderful is that. Gene and I are going next Friday to see it in Sac. too funny, what a coincidence. Anyways I am so glad that you had a fun day, and those little girls too cute!!!

Uffens Family said...

Happy Birthday Stacie...Looks like a delicious cake! Let me know what you hear about The Host...I have been thinking about reading it and have not gotten around to it :) PS Find out what we are having next week! Hooray!

Rachel B. said...

Happy happy birthday! And how awesome is Nate? He was pretty smooth. Have so much fun at Phantom.

I couldn't decide who to vote for this year. I loved both the Davids and for completely different reasons. I think they'll both be super successful. It would have been cool to have a mormon win though. :)

And I read your post about locking Bella in the car. I totally forgot about that! And I even commented saying that I would have gotten a picture too if were in that same situation. So funny!!

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

The Phanton show in Vegas is AWESOME! Nate took me for my birthday last year and I liked it even more than when we saw it in LA! Have so much fun!

And I read The Host and I really liked it. It's not as addicting and fast-paced as the Twilight books (it's a little slow and confusing at first), but I thought it was a great read and I would recommend it!

Jodi said...

Happy birthday! I am sure you are going to love the Phantom. About American Idol- I too was sad that David Archuleta didn't win. I was pulling for him for the very beginning. :(

familyof4 said...

Happy Birthday! Phantom of the Opera is great. We have seen in it New York and Las Vegas and loved both of them! What an awesome husband. Go Nate!!

We had my b-day part tonight. Post and pictures to come shortly!

Oh, and I finished the 3rd book of the twilight series. When we get together we'll have to talk all about it. I'm a much bigger fan of Jacob, but I still like Edward. I'm just not sure which way she will choose.

Brittney G. said...

Worst friend award goes to me. I totally didn't call you on your birthday. Happy birthday! What a great husband you have. Chris and I saw Phantom for my birthday last year and we LOVED it. Have fun! My sister has read that book and she love it and highly recomends it.

Ben and Cynda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
So I have not read The Host but Ben's sister is reading it and she loves it. Apparently it is about some werid thing like aleins or something but she loves it and told me to read it. So I would say go for it!!!

Anna said...

Happy birthday! Sorry I missed it..didn't even know. I'll make it up to you, go to a pedicure or something. :) The pool pictures make me sad. :( Wish I were there. But we hopefully can come now and will play. The kids are itching for friends. Man, they need friends...getting a little sick of each other, I think. But happy birthday and see you soon.

Anya said...

Happy Birthday- those three girls are super cute together, don't you just love when they do things like hold hands!? So CUTE!

Hammels said...

Pool days are the best!!! The girls do love the pool, it will be a life saver this summer.
Hope you had a great B-day and have a great time out to the theater:)

Anonymous said...

I really recommend The Host...the first couple chapters are weird, but Stephenie Meyer just pulls you in and it is a great book about sacrifice and romance. I read it in three days because I couldn't put it down.

Trimbles said...

Good for Nate! What a Man. :) You're gonna LOVE phantom. HAve fun tonight, Im totally jealous. Tonight was supposed to be our camping, night, but no... CHristopher has to work nights this week. No camping for me. Im glad your birthday was fun. As for the book, one girl I know liked it, Christopher's cousing just thought it was ok. You can read her thoughts on CarCar and Mike's link on my page. Love ya!

Trimbles said...

OH, and Idol... Im sorry, I was elated Cook won. I just never bought into Archi... Can we still be friends?

Perry Family said...

happy birthday!!! I have to tell you, we have a couple in my ward that sings in Phantom of the Opera, and he just did a musical number on Sunday...AMAZING! And even better, I just got the calling of Choir Director for our ward...hmmmm still wondering about that one since I don't really sing!! Anyway, hope you enjoy it! I saw Phantom last year the weekend before I had Maddox! It is amazing!
I love the pics of Bella in her suit, she is such a DOLL!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Perry Family said...

I haven't read The Host yet, but I'm interested in getting it to see...so let me know what you think if you do read it!

Cam and Afton said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It's been forever since we've seen you! We need to get our girls together to play sometime......and I started the Host and just cant get myself past the 3rd chapter.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! What a thoughtful husband you have. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Love the cute swimming pictures, Bella is a doll!

Kelsey said...

Wow girl- I think you win the blog for the most comments. HAPPY Birthday though. Hope you have a great time at the Phantom. That is a nice hubbie to sit through that with any wife that is wanting to see it. ha ha

Jessica said...

I just finished the Host and I really liked it. It was hard to get into at the beginning- I think I was waiting for Edward to appear somewhere in the story. I finally accepted the fact that he wasn't there and then I got a crush on Ian in the book. By the end, I loved it. Sci-fi isn't my kind of thing, but this was good.

The Foote Family said...

Happy Birthday Stacie! Looks like fun times. About the book The Host---I read it and loved it. It was a little confusing at first, but after a few chapters I got REALLY into it and stayed up late reading it. I would recommend reading it for sure!

Taralee said...

Happy late birthday!! We LOVED the Phantom. We went last year with my family and Tom and I are going in a week or 2. I just have to decide.

http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/2008/06/books.html recommends the book. It sounds like it's worth reading. I haven't read it, but I thought I'd show you this recommendation. Let us know if you decided to read it.