Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bella Funnies

So Bella has reached the age where she has become very VERY FUNNY!! She is such a busy little thing and I just know her mind is spinning with everything she is constantly discovering!!

She also has so much to say about everything and sometimes the things she says are SO HILARIOUS!! For example...the other day my brother-in-law, Paul, was pushing Bella on the swing. Such a sweet little moment...just niece and uncle playing out in the backyard...calm and peaceful...cats frolicking by...and then Bella says (in her raspiest voice) "LUCIFER!!! LUCIFER going to GET YOU!!!" Needless to say Paul got a little concerned. He quickly brought Bella in the house and started explaining what had just taken place outside. Instantly Nate and I started laughing. We had to explain to him that "Lucifer" is the name of the cat on Cinderella!! She must have been concerned for his safety with those cats wondering about! Ha ha.

Yet another great moment was during sacrament meeting. Right after the sacrament prayer had been said...everything was very quiet and reverent...and then...Bella bust out with the "LUCIFER!!" yet again!! Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time. Those around us...who knew the situation couldn't help but laugh...others...well we had a bit of explaining to do after sacrament!!

She is also very good at interpreting baby talk...we found this out while we were up in Utah. I was holding my niece, Tayla, and she was just babbling away...I looked at Bella and said..."Oh she's talking...do you know what she is saying?" Bella looked right at me very seriously and said,"YES...she say...MMMIIIILLLLKKKK!!" Ha ha. What a talent!

Another classic...while we were in Utah she loved finding the "Y" on the mountain. Whenever we were out driving she would remind us all of it's presence!! One afternoon we were over in Pleasant Grove (Pleasant Grove has "G" on their mountain) well Bella must have remembered right then about the "Y" and started looking for it...suddenly from the back of the car we hear a shriek...and then Bella shockingly stated..."SOMEONE BROKE IT!! SOMEONE BROKE THE Y!!!"

GOT TO LOVE KIDS!! They do say some of the funniest things!!

10 comments:

hilla said...

Haha. Kids really do say the funniest things.
Cute little smile on baby Sophie. She is a pretty thing. And I love your baby announcement.

Tayla said...

So cute! I love the things kids come up with. I am sure Bella will just keep coming up with funnies the more words she learns!

Perry Family said...

The Lucifer thing is great!! How funny that she picked up on that!

Trimbles said...

That is so funny! Someone broke the Y. HAHAHA. And Lucifer, I wonder what was going through Pauls head... like "Lucifer? Are you possesed?" HAHAHA. Thats probably what I would have thought--'cept I knew what she was talking about. How funny. I miss you now that you have two...

Jodi said...

Oh- I love posts about what kids say! I want to write down all of the hilarious things Callie says for memories sake. I love the obsession with Lucifer. She was so smart to notice something wrong with the Y!

Uffens Family said...

The Lucifer thing has me laughing really hard! Your poor brother must have been really concerned! :)

taylors said...

crack me up! Bah ha ha!

Becca said...

Your girls are adorable!! I love what little kids say...they always brighten my day!!! Bella and Sophie are beautiful!!!! I hope it's not too long before I get to meet you guys!!! You family is amazing...and I've heard nothing but good about you. I love to look at your blog! You are adorable!!! BTW I'm Liz's sis....

Anonymous said...

Such a cute story. Isn't that her on the cover of Summerlines this month?

Anonymous said...

I just want to know that Katie and I are gawking at how incredibly beautiful Bella is! She is really the most gorgoeus little girl! And sounds like she is so fun and cute too!