Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Summerlin Harvest Festival

Hooray for FALL!!! This past Saturday our little family braved the "cold" weather and went to our community harvest festival with the Hammels! I say "cold" because it actually SNOWED!! Ha ha. Nate and Bella tried to catch the little fluffy snowflakes in their mouths. Bella thought it was really really COOL!! Ha ha...she doesn't see snow so much...or well...let's be honest...EVER! Ha ha.

Bella and her gal pal, Katherine, played in the pumpkin patch and bounced in the PRINCESS bounce house! Ha ha. They even got to pet a whole bunch of furry friends at the little petting zoo. Bella loved herself a little black and white sheep...she even kissed him...much to my dismay...SEVERAL TIMES! Yuck! Ha ha.

We even got a funnel cake! Yum...thanks Jeff for the suggestion!! It was my first time having the sweet treat...and yes... I will be getting it again in the future. Ha ha. We played some fun carnival games, danced with Summerlin Sam ("the big bunny" as Bella would say), and took lots of pictures. Our little Sophie slept through the whole thing...snuggled in her cozy car seat...hmmm...maybe next year! Ha ha.

Good times were had by all!! Hooray for FALL!!!













8 comments:

Meagan said...

Mark my work...Bella will be the cover girl again next year in the Summerlines Magazine! Such a cutie!! And, I think Alec has a toddler crush on Bella...he talks about her all the time. :) No worries about missing the park today...we have off-days too and I totally understand. We'll make it up later this week...maybe tomorrow afternoon??

Julie N said...

Aww, looks like you guys had a great time! What a fun event! Bella is the cutest :)

Perry Family said...

Looks like a great time...Bella is so darn cute! The harvest festival was a wonderful idea! I love your pictures, what kind of camera do you have. I STILL need to get a new one!!

Ben and Cynda said...

So cute. I love the ones where Bella is practically laying on top of the animals. Can't wait to see you guys in November!!!

Hammels said...

No pic of the funnel cake?! It was a great event, a little cold, but fun. Bella did not seem to mind at all, she is a lot of fun. She was up for anything. I hope next year we can have the girls dress up.

Anna said...

Glad you guys had fun. Maybe they'll update her model picture for next year with this years. :)

Jodi said...

Looked like fun! I am so glad you enjoyed the funnel cake. That is one of my favorite memories of the beach in Maryland- so yummy!

Sarah Goodsell said...

How fun we wanted to go to that with some friends and then they found out we couldn't go b/c we r not summerlin residents sad:( Looks like a lot of fun!