Monday, January 5, 2009

SHARKS!!

There's something to be said for starting off the new year with a BANG...

and we did just that by celebrating the NEW YEAR...


in a SHARK TANK!!!

Freaky Right? Crazy and Scary and totally stupid...heck ya baby!! Nothing like facing your fears...head on!! Ha ha. I heard about a company...Hawaii Shark Encounters...who take you out into the ocean...put you in a tank...and hail sharks your way...and knew I wanted to do it! Ha ha...something that is totally unlike me seeing as how I fear sharks getting me even in the swimming pool. But...I really wanted to do something CRAZY...so I talked everyone else into going! AHHHH!!!

We jumped onto a boat...a VERY LITTLE boat...and we were on our way. We only drove for about ten minutes...seriously...we were not that far from the island...or the shore for that matter. They put the cage in the water and told us to jump in....AHHHH! Right away TWO HUGE Galapagos Sharks showed up! Apparently the sharks are attracted to the motor of the boat because they used to do a lot of crabbing in the area right off the North Shore...so there are a lot of sharks...just waiting. YEAH...waiting to eat me! Ha ha. Anyways...somehow we all mustered up the courage and jumped into the cage!

IT WAS AMAZING!!! The sharks were so close...we could see their teeth and eyes and everything! AHHHHH...I can't even explain how awesome it was...a total rush for sure!!

I WOULD TOTALLY DO IT AGAIN!! Ha ha.

The guys who ran the tour were quite funny as well...they were totally feeding the sharks off the back of the boat...making them jump up and out of the water! I couldn't believe they weren't pulled into the water with them. The best part...my dad was telling us the night before that if you are ever in the water with sharks...the best thing to do is have shark meat with you because sharks will not eat other sharks. HA HA...guess what the guys were feeding the sharks...ha ha...SHARK MEAT! Nice Dad...thanks for the advice! Ha ha.

Anyways - it was awesome! I loved it! I would do it again...and surprisingly...I have a new respect for sharks. But I still only want to be in the water with them...if I am safe in a tank! Ha ha!!

Check it out!! AHHH!
Shark BAIT!





UNDERWATER PICTURES!!!
Check out that shark!!




AAHHHH!!!
This one is awesome!!!

2 comments:

Amanda and the Bradys said...

no freaking way!!!!!

Julie N said...

You forever have bragging rights for hookin' us up with the sharks! Good times!