Sunday, August 9, 2009

little lady party

Sophie is ONE and her little lady party was a blast! We celebrated the fun day with FAMILY!! Grandpa and Grandma Noorda, Paul, Cami and Ethan, Julie and Tayla, and Grandma Hawley! Sophie was so cute in her little ladybug shirt and converse shoes. Love them. She totally rocked some cute fashion on her big day.

We started out the party by swimming - I forgot the the sunscreen - WHOOPS - so Sophie's cheeks got a little sunkissed. We then had polka dot pizza (pepperoni), salad, watermelon, pineapple, and black spots (oreos). Ha ha. That was my attempt to be creative with the food.

We played a "collecting the dots" game with all the kiddos. Who knew that picking up little red pieces of paper could be so fun. Ha ha. They were running around in the grass picking up as many red dots many as they could - and eating them. HA.

Then we had cake! Daddy made it - he makes all of our cakes. It's those dental hand skills being put to good use in the kitchen! Ha ha. The cake was AWESOME! This year he took on a ladybug and I have to say it turned out quite fabulous! It took him THREE hours just to ice the thing! We sure love you Daddy. Sophie also got her very own LITTLE cake - unfortunately our kids just don't like cake. Sophie was all excited about the candle and then when it was time to eat the cake she didn't really give us any reaction. She tasted it - fingered it a little - and was done. Bella was the same way. What's up? Ha ha.

After cake, we opened presents! Sophie got some way fun presents and cards! Thanks everyone! And thanks for making Sophie's first birthday so special! We sure love our little ONE YEAR OLD!












14 comments:

Kelsey said...

I wish we lived closer b/c your parties always look so fun! I cant believe your baby is 1! Your girls are just gorgeous, as are you!

Becky Chatwin said...

Way to go Nate! That cake is awesome, those dental hands can do amazing things in little bitty places! I can't believe your baby is one! I think the last time I saw you was when you were pregnant with her!

Becca said...

So cute!! These pictures are so beautiful. Your bathing suit is adorable!! That picture of Bella is too much - your kids are ridiculously cute. :)

Hammels said...

Great job on the pics, is that your new camera, lens and photo shop?

Cute party, you sure do a great job with birthdays!

Mindy said...

Your daughter has such beautiful eyes..and the oldest is so cute she could be a model.

Meagan said...

Could she be any more ADORABLE?!! Such a cutie! And really...you wanna come up to Eugene to do Alec's birthday party next week...it all looked so dang cute!

Katie and Eric said...

What a cute party for a super cute little girl!:)

Eliza said...

Stace, you are like the cutest mom I know. Her party looked amazing. Also, your girls are so beautiful. Seriously.

Anessa said...

Your children are ADORABLE! When did Bella become such a grown up?? And those converse are so cute.

And I am very impressed with that cake, way to go Nate!

I need to come visit soon I miss you guys.

Taralee said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! Nice photo skills once again! Looks like a great party, you rock :)

Fiona Carter said...

Sophie is THE cutest!! This is the Utah Carter family! Have fun!!

Trimbles said...

What a cute party! Im gonna need some advice when december rolls around. No one does parties better then you!

Sherry said...

Oh my heavens...I love Sophie's blue eyes!!!

Olivia said...

Looks like quite the party! So many cute ideas and pictures. Love the ladybug shirt and red converse. She is a doll.