Friday, September 18, 2009

Guess who we saw at Smith's...


SANTA CLAUS!!!


I'm still trippin! For real! Ha! When do you run into the man himself while shopping for eggs and milk! Bella about fell out of her car/cart (because of course we can't shop without the car/cart) and Nate and I about died too. I think everyone in the store was doing double - no - triple takes as he and his little helper walked up and down the isles filling their cart with food. Ha ha.

He had a FULL LONG WHITE BEARD, red pants, a red shirt, CHRISTMAS suspenders, and an old cane that had Santa and the reindeer carved on it. He was such a cute little old man. So - I know you are all wondering - did we follow him? OH YES...we totally stalked him. Ha ha. We maybe kind of purposefully went down isles that we might not have gone down just to run into him again. It was so cute - Bella's eyes would get wide with wonder every time we passed! Ha ha.

When we were finished with our shopping we checked out and walked to our car. Still laughing and talking about how we totally just ran into Santa - Nate and I stopped short because we ran right into - Santa's CAR! Ha ha. A red little ride with the licence plate "O SANTA." So funny! As we got in the car I realized that I had my camera - and Santa just happened to be walking out of the store at that moment (or maybe we waited AWHILE for him to come out and I did my first paparazzi gig!) Ha ha.

All-in-all it was quite a fun and exciting trip to Smith's. And I have to say - it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

{If you look close (I wish I had had my zoom lens with me) you can see his licence plate his Christmas-themed reusable grocery bags. Love it!}

6 comments:

Amanda&Brady said...

I love it!!! I grew up with a man who did the same kind of thing!!! So fun! So the next time your up in utah will you take our family pics? You are amazing!!!!

Amanda&Brady said...

sorry, are you coming up for the game? I am throwing a surprise party for Brady. He is turning 30!!! It's on Sunday, let me know if your fam will be here!!!

Meagan said...

That is AWESOME! Christmas this year will be so much more exciting for Bella now that she has seen him in person!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is SO cool! Ethan would have been yelling "SANTA!" and i would have been embarrassed. So what kind of stuff does the big man eat? I wonder if that man knows what a huge deal he is into tons of little kids lives by walking around stores like that...

Priscilla Davis said...

Hey! I love this! Blaine did too :) The Pumpkins go on sale this saturday, email me your phone number and I can give you/email directions and let you know more!

Anthony said...

You are not going to believe me. But I work with him. His name is Bob, and he loves Christmas. He works for CPS and he loves children. I've sat down with him and had long talks. This guy is so with it, and is just a great guy. He has a huge passion for Christmas and the Christmas spirit, yet I think he does it mostly for the kids. He does walk with a cane at work too, it is not part of his costume. This guy is a good guy inside and out.