Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Day

Happy Halloween...again. Ha ha. I think we've celebrated Halloween more this year than ever before. We've had fun preschool parties...church parties...dance class parties...trunk or treats...trick-or-treating...and now Halloween day!

We got up and went to church this morning, had an amazing sacrament meeting, followed by a crazy Primary Program practice. My poor little sunbeams were bouncing off the walls. Literally. I was beside myself - how in the world am I supposed to get twelve four-year-olds to sit still for two hours?! Help. I'm a little nervous for our next practice...

After church, Nate and I were able to regroup (ha ha) and we made some more cupcakes to give to our friends and neighbors...and we also carved a pumpkin...or at least Nate carved a pumpkin. Funny thing carving pumpkins with girls, they don't really want to do it. Bella and Sophie were all excited by the idea but when Nate opened up the pumpkin and the oozy gooey orange stuff came out Bella was out of there. She proceeded to tell us that daddy's are supposed to do the gross stuff. So Nate carved the pumpkin with the occasional - "good job dad, keep up the good work dad," from Bella while she danced in the other room. Ha ha.

After the "gross" work was done the girls were all about their cool pumpkin. We set it outside, admired daddy's work, and then waited for "trick or treatings." (Sophie's term for trick or treaters.) We didn't get too many because our house is at the end of our street and up a hill. But we got a few and those kids surely benefited from their stop. The girls had a blast passing out candy and were extremely generous with their handfuls. I think our candy supply was depleted by half after only four kids...so funny.

We also had some of our friends come over for soup - and it was just the topping on the cupcake. Such a fun night.

Thanksgiving...here we come!!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Your girls are so cute! We had a similar experience a few years back trying to carve pumpkins with our nieces. They just aren't a fan of the ooey gooey stuff. LOL