Thursday, November 18, 2010

November fun...

So in the spirit of keeping my blog updated - here's a huge update. Ha ha. This month has already been filled with so many fun things - and it's not even Thanksgiving yet! (I'm so excited for all the good food...and family...and we are having it at OUR house this year!! Totally getting decorating ideas already! Fun fun!)

To start off, the girls have had a blast with all the nice weather we've enjoyed...it felt like fall and it looked like fall, and I loved it. While we were out and about scouting potential photo session spots the girls decided to have a little fun with all the leaves. First they played "ring around the rosie" and then they began throwing leaves into the air. Bella gave the countdown and then they both threw their array of brightly colored leaves into the air! Sophie's little tummy is hanging out and I just love it! They laughed and laughed - so cute! And it made for some good picture taking. Mommy was pleased! Ha ha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bella and Boober cuddling - their new nightly ritual since Bella is in charge of feeding and grooming him - a job which she takes extremely seriously. It's funny because Sophie sometimes likes to pull Boober's tail or ears so Bella took it upon herself to explain how it's not very nice to do that. Then to give Sophie an example of what she was talking about, she proceeded to pull Sophie's little pony and telling her that's how it feels to Boober. I think Sophie got it after that. Pulling tails = hurts. Ha ha.

Photobucket

Some of our art this month. I love doing the handprint turkeys every year because you can see how much they have grown. And they've really GROWN! I can't believe how big my girls are getting.

Photobucket

Ooohhh...and I just love this art piece. Bella told me she wanted to paint a picture for Thanksgiving so this is what she came up with. A rainbow with a turkey. And check out the way she writes her "a". HOW CUTE IS THAT!! I asked her if someone taught her how to do that...and she said, "No mom...that's just how I like it!" Ha ha...can we say SUCH A GIRL! For real!! I love it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ohh...ha ha...and this is so exciting - our new tradition this year - MY GRATITUDE TREE!!! This lovely idea came from the fabulous mind of my friend Carly!! Thanks Carly for letting me copy your idea - I love it! You grab some branches from outside...put them in a vase...cut out some leaves from paper...tape on some ribbon...and away you go!! I actually had the girls water color a few pieces of paper first...and then cut the leaves out of that - just to give it some extra cute color. You put the leaves in a little bowl and all the through the month of Novemeber you can write things you are thankful for and hang them on the tree. Then at Thanksgiving you read all the fun things. Bella announced she was thankful for "Boober" first - so the cat was the first thing hanging on our tree. Ha ha. She then added "Sophie, roses, and flowers." Ha ha. I think I might even invite friends who come over to hang a leaf on our tree...so come on over...our door is always open! =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The weather and clouds have been spectacular!! Check out the pictures below! With all the changing weather we've also gotten some crazy bird migrations. Seriously...I snapped the first picture...and then literally two seconds later the sky was filled with birds!! Crazy!! HEATHER...close your eyes...don't look!! ha ha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It couldn't really be Fall without football, right? At least that's what Nate tells me. Since we're so far from BYU now, we've had to adopt a new team - Go UK Wildcats! Both schools are blue, have fanatical fans, and have a feline mascot, so the transition was pretty easy. One of the doctors Nate works with gave him some tickets to the last home game of the year. It turned into a great daddy-daughter activity (Bella was almost more excited that Nate was about the game) as they cheered UK to victory.

Photobucket

Beautiful fall trees!! I could have crawled up under this tree and stayed for a week...if my kids hadn't been in the car waiting for me. Yes...I did pull over and stare...oh and of course take a FEW pictures. Ha ha. Lovely!

Photobucket

Something else we've been into lately - making letters and numbers with our books. Hmmm...I wonder who inspired this number of the day?!! Ha ha.

Photobucket

Thanksgiving at My School (a preschool both girls attend once a week)...today was their Thanksgiving Feast and they had a great time! I think their favorite part is all of their new friends! So fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well...I think we are caught up...at least until Turkey day!! The countdown has begun...SO EXCITED!!!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the gratitude tree. It looks like you all are settling into Kentucky well and the girls are just darling! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Meagan said...

First, love the pic of your girls laughing in the building cutout. Second, your pics of the fall leaves and sky are amazing. Third, the gratitude tree. Totally doing that. What a great idea to focus more on the holiday and being thankful. You always inspire me. :)

Marissa Noe said...

TOTALLY copying the gratitude tree. I LOVE it!!! SO SO cute. I have decided I could use it as a centerpiece on our table!!! So I plan on making lots of leaves and collecting branches tomorrow! Thanks for the ideas! CUTE CUTE pics of the kids :)

Olivia said...

Oh man that yellow tree is Amazing!! I would have stopped to take a picture too. I love Bella's curly A's and her thanksgiving picture. Your girls are so cute. Hope you had a nice thanksgiving.