Thursday, December 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home

(Shared this on my photo blog - thought it would be good to share here too!!)

"Brrrr...is anyone else out there freezing?!!

I think winter has finally arrived and is making a bold statement! Ha ha. I went out to get the mail today and barely made it back inside before I became a human ice cube. Ha ha. So grateful to have a warm and cozy little place to roost and snuggle especially with this darling little thing by my side....

Photobucket

Don't those eyes just warm your insides like a big creamy mug of hot cocoa! Mmmmm delish...maybe it's just me but I think I could drink her in all day. Ha ha.

So before I talk myself into a warm chocolate fix – I want to share our GOOD NEWS!!!

It’s such good news, really!!

So…many of you know that my husband finished dental school last year – and upon completion we were looking forward to going on to an Orthodontic Residency (ha ha…the mind reels that we would be up for more school after already putting in SEVEN years…but a dream, is a dream, is a dream…and we are dream people - so we went for it). Unfortunately things didn’t work out the way we had planned and we ended up without a match. Up the river without a paddle so to speak. Ha ha. Scrambling for answers we considered many options – when we got a call from UK wanting Nate for an Ortho Fellowship! Kentucky? We were a little bit scared at first by the idea – but after lots of prayers and consideration we decided to pack up our little family and do it.

And…I’m so glad we did!!! I was really worried when we first arrived and the humidity nearly knocked me over like a train, but truth be told - Kentucky has been amazing. I think I have found my inner country girl! Ha ha. We have met some of the most amazing people and feel so blessed to have had this opportunity. It really does feel like “home!”

Well – the time came again for residency applications – so we went through the process anew. Interviews… applications… waiting… waiting… and some more waiting… to find out this week that…WE GET TO STAY!!! (Insert giddy squeals of delight!!!)

Nate matched to the Orthodontic Residency Program here at UK!!! Things are really beginning to look up! So now we get to call Kentucky home…cold freezing weather and all!! And I’m so thrilled!

Thanks for all the support and love – we dream people love a happy ending! Ha ha. I hope you are all safe and cozy - and enjoying the warmth of friends and family. And as for me – I think I’ll go make that cup of hot cocoa and marvel at the snow.

Love to all!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now I need to blog about Thanksgiving...ha ha...so behind already and Christmas is just around the corner!! Eeek. =)

3 comments:

Meagan said...

CONGRATS!!! I know what a big deal this is for you guys, and I couldn't be more happy for you! I must admit...I love being a country girl too. I told Chris the other day I don't think I could ever go back to living in the city. Just not the same! ;) Enjoy that hot cocoa...

Raquel said...

Congrats! That is great news! Love your pictures as always!

Becky Chatwin said...

Congratulations, you guys deserve it! Keep dreaming big, love the pictures!