Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bella's Scripture

Bella gave the scripture tonight for FHE. She told me that she was all prepared and that we should be excited because it was going to be really good and that she was going to do it all by herself. I did my best to try and remember all of her cute words…here is how it went …

“Ok…I’m going to be giving the scripture tonight! (Opens her tattered picture Book of Mormon to Mosiah) So we are going to talk about King Benjamin – and he told us about Jesus to come. And he said that Jesus would die for us. He said that that silly man (the innkeeper) wouldn’t let Joseph and Mary in. So they went to a manger with lots of animals. The animals liked it there because there was water. So they wouldn’t die. Then Jesus was born, and he was born so that we could come to this beautiful earth. And…and…then Jesus died for us. He hung on the cross and the story was so sad. But to make the story happy…Jesus came back after three days. He was resurrected so that we could live with Him and Heavenly Father again. Isn’t that a happy story? (Looks up at us smiles and then says) I’m done!!! (a.k.a. Amen)”

Isn’t that so sweet?! I might have cried. =)

1 comments:

B said...

It's moments like this, that make all the hard work we do as mothers worth it! What a sweet little girl you have, she's just like her wonderful mommy :)