Tuesday, May 17, 2011

FHE - Gardening

Spring is finally here - or at least it was a few weeks ago (haha ... we've reverted to wintery weather here in Kentucky even though its May, who would have guessed?) - and we totally took advantage of some nice weather by catching up on our yardwork! One night for FHE we loaded up the kids, went to Lowes and got some new plants for the front yard, mulch for the flower beds, potting soil, and flowers! As I'm sure you can imagine, the girls were VERY excited about our little activity. They planted some flowers at preschool a couple of months ago and ever since have been itching to use their little green thumbs again!

Photobucket

We had to take turns watering the new plants! Sophie was so excited she could hardly hold still enough to get most of the water where it needed to go.

Photobucket

All I can say is that I'm glad Bella decided to rock this fashion statement before we put the soil into the pot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, our little Sophie ... from happy to sad to happy again - all in less than 60 seconds! She's quite the personality; always a surprise.

Photobucket

Apparently wearing flower pots as hats is more fashionable than I realized. Amazing how cute they are no matter what they're doing!

Photobucket

0 comments: