On Sunday night we got a funny little phone call. It went something like this...
Me - "Hello?"
Papa - "Hi Stacie. Um...what are you guys doing?"
Me - "Not much - just watching the super bowl. What are YOU doing?"
Papa - "Oh not much. Just landed in LEXINGTON."
Me - "WHAT???!!! ARE you serious?!"
Papa - "Um yeah. DO you think I could spend the night at your place tonight?"
Me - "UM....no. YES!!!!!"
We snatched the girls right out of bed (like they were sleeping anyway) and headed for the airport!
Apparently my dad was flying across the country in his little plane - off to see the world - but the weather had other plans and he needed to land. He randomly chose Lexington. Randomly. He he.
The girls performed and danced and sang, and stayed up way past their bedtime. Complete protocol with surprise visitors!
In the morning we had to let him go and unfortunatley send him on his way! So Sophie and I drove him back to the airport. While we waited for the frost to melt we took a few pictures. Fun fun.
Thanks for visiting Papa!
Have fun on your adventures!!! We will miss you.









Christmas
1 year ago
2 comments:
I don't think I've ever seen your dad with his plane. Where was he actually trying to go? It must be awesome to have him come to visit :)
Thats awesome! My Dad used to have his own plane. I miss it. I was his flying partner. I think he misses it too. So jealous. :)
Post a Comment