Our girls love aquariums. I'm guessing most kids do, but its fun to see the girls get so excited about everything they see. Plus, its cute to listen to Sophie say "aquarium" in her newly acquired southern drawl.
While there we discovered that Bella likes to hold starfish, that albino alligators are kind of creepy looking, and rediscovered that Bella is deathly afraid of sting rays (she told us she'd rather swim with a shark, than swim with a sting ray).
Not sure about her logic on that one.
Because she was so afraid of the sting rays, Sophie (being the silly girl that she is) was rather *fascinated* with them, saying that she would love to swim with a stingray. Yet when it came down to it, she wasn't very keen on the idea of touching them either.
In the middle of the aquarium there was an old fishing boat setup for the kids to play in - complete with a cage for crabbing (at least I assume its for crabbing, but being a nonfisherman I could be wrong). If seeing all the fish wasn't cool enough, playing on this old boat was about the most exciting thing the girls did on our whole trip. They loved it!
We also met a tiny little owl named, Nancy. And the girls, and grandma, found their frog princes. I'd say that's a successful outing. Wouldn't you?

Christmas
1 year ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment