Monday, April 30, 2012

Teacher Appreciation

Is it just me, or are April/May just as busy (if not busier) as December?  I can't seem to find enough time!  Yet, with everything else, I wanted to make sure I remembered TEACHER Appreciation week!! There's a special place in my heart for teachers (oh...remember the days...) so I wanted to do something extra special!

Bella's classroom theme was this year was OWLS.  So Michelle (another awesome mom) and I got together and concoted these handprint owls - courtesy of some owl internet searches, of course!  =)  We secretly traced each child's hands and pieced the little owls together, then while the class was out on their field trip, we decorated the door and hung the sign!  Surprise!!  We have a few more special gifts in store for the week and I hope that Mrs. Oakley and Ms. Wills will feel our LOVE.  They are THE best teachers.  I feel so blessed that Bella's first experience with school was so wonderful, with such wonderful teachers!

Now off to party plan!  Bella's birthday is in THREE days and I have yet to even buy a present! 

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

Awesome job!!! Love it all to pieces!!

Lyssa Beth said...

Thank you for this lovely idea! Now i'm tempted to do this with another mom to Emma's teacher. She would love it! Hope you don't mind.... ;)

Erin said...

so cute! and ironic that tonight at mutual we made owl cake pops! i will have to send you a pic, they were so cute.