Sunday, July 29, 2007

INJECTION PERFECTION

So one of the best things about dental school is that the first time we try anything, we have to do it on each other--this includes injections! Yeah, we're basically guinea pigs, but I guess they figure better to teach us how on each other rather than scaring all of the patients away. In this picture I'm actually holding the syringe--the needle is capped to avoid any unfortunate incidents.
Here I am giving my friend Aaron a "painless" (because I have such soft hands) injection--he doesn't look nervous at all. Actually the whole learning how to give injections has been a lot of fun and not nearly as painful as it may sound.
Now I am the lucky one in the chair. Let's just say that we chose our injection partners with care--I definitely don't want just anyone sticking me with long needles.

4 comments:

Zachariah Parry said...

Now I have like 87 reasons to be a lawyer instead of a doctor. We too are guinea pigs, but we do stuff like negotiations and mock trials on each other. The potential for permanant damage is considerably lower than when students puncture each other with sharp objects.

meg said...

When Aaron described the injections to me, "painless" was not one of the words in the description :)

Trimbles said...

HAHA-- was it painless because you all numbed each other first??? Were you walking around for like a week with a dead face??? HAHAHAAA... Im glad you're enjoying it so much.

Erin said...

I am nervous...