Ok - this is so CRAZY!! As most of you know we are expecting our second baby this summer and I am just dying to know what we will be having! Anyways - yesterday we went to our OBGYN and they did an ultrasound to make sure everything looked normal and healthy. While we were there the nurse was asking us what we would prefer to have - a BOY or a GIRL - and truly I am torn. I think it would be really fun to have a boy and actually have had dreams that we would have a girl and then a boy - but then I think of Isabella and can just picture her with a little sister. They would play so cute! Well the nurse told me that I should go and check the CHINESE GENDER PREDICTOR CHART. Ha ha - I was like - WHAT?? I am not one who typically believes of falls for wives tales so I thought it was pretty funny. But of course my interest was peeked. So - what do I do right when we get home - look up the chinese predictor chart. Ha ha. According to the chart we are going to be having another GIRL. Hmmm - we'll see - the nurse told me that she has only met ONE person who hasn't followed the chart!! I proceeded to spend the rest of the hour checking all the births that I knew and EVERY one followed the chart!! CRAZY!! Even ISABELLA! So weird - so I am just wondering if you all will do me a favor - check the births of your babies - do they follow the rule?? LET ME KNOW - I want to see just how accurate it truly is!! Supposedly it is 93% accurate!! Oh well - we will find out in FOUR WEEKS what we are having anyway!! YEAH!
Ok - this is what you do - make sure to really think about it you have to get your age right!!
Cross reference the age you were when you concieved with the month you conceived.
Example: I was 25 when we conceived Bella and we conceived her in August.
(Sorry I had it wrong there for a second)

33 comments:
According to the chart I'm having a girl. This was a really bad chart to find...it's going to get my hopes up!
Tom teases me but I SWEAR by this chart. I checked it before Reese and it was right.
K so I totally realize that I just left a comment on the last post :) But I had to laugh because my sister has been talking about this calendar chart thing for weeks (she has 2 boys and is dying for a girl)...according to it...we were right on with Annie? hmmm....
ps...totally took the liberty of making you a friend on our blog :)
Didn't work for me.It says boy but we have a little girl, I am positive of that.
Oh wait, I just remembered that I think it's supposed to be the MONTH you conceived too and not their due date month. Otherwise it was wrong for Reese. If I'm wrong ignore me.
Yeah you are right Rach!!! SORRY-I fixed it!!
Melanie and Jen check again!! I ahd it wrong for a second!
Still says boy. I conceived in March at age 22. I wish this worked though, I am dying to know what I am having.
Ok - there is at least one that didn't follow - thanks Jen!!
That's a nifty little chart there. It worked for me : ) You should have Cami try it since she is finding out in 4 weeks what she is having.
I did something like this when i was pregnant with Taylor and it said I was having a boy. I tried another thing my friend did with her necklace and the way it swayed showed what you were having. Again it wasn't correct. But with doing IVF I have a higher chance of getting a girl over a boy. I hope you have another girl!
LOL! Now I really hope that this thing is wrong.
Nevermind, I'm retarded. It's still a girl! Yay!
Well, it didn't work for us. I conceived when I was 21 and in July (supposedly a girl), but we are definitely having a little boy!
I concieved the twins in either january or december, when I was 22 and they are both girls! so according to the chart, its correct!
It was wrong for both of my children. I was hoping for a girl on the second one but I'm glad that we have two boys in a row. Can't wait to hear for sure what you'll be having!
didn't work for Amaya...says she was a boy. Did work for Kendal. You're going to be killing yourself w/this thing over the next four weeks! hahahaha
Well - it looks like the little thing only works about half the time. Ha ha - I guess wives tales are just that - TALES!! Oh well - it is fun anyways right?!! Ha ha.
k, so I'm Rachel Uffens' sister in WA & I read one Chinese Lunar Calendar that said in the directions that it was supposed to be your age when you GAVE BIRTH?! I really hope that's the case vs. age when you conceived 'cuz otherwise I'm about to have THREE sons & just resign myself to living through my niece. i guess i'll be one of those who remains personally determined to defy the calendar 'cuz I can't wait until May!! btw, your bella is a cutie patootie so sounds like you make sweet girls if that is, in fact, the case! sorry for all of this rambling from a complete stranger...s'pose i should remember i'm not the one who's completely in charge, eh?!
Jaxson was wrong but Trent was right but I'm the only person I know who had the wrong sex. Everyone one I know was right on. Good luck. P.S. Rachel and Mike Uffens are in our ward and she's such a good friend I love her!
Stacie, You need to do the pencil test. I swear it works and has never been wrong on me from the very first time. Get a pencil and a string and a pin. Put the pin in the eraser of the pencil and tie the string around the pin so it can swing like a pendulum. Next, hold it over your wrist and it will start to swing one way or another way. Vertical is a boy and horizontal is a girl. It will swing and then stop and swing again another way according to the order of your kids. So mine when I do it swings girl, boy, boy, girl. Even 8 years ago when pregnant with my first girl it said that and that is what I have. It swings totally on its own and it is CRAZY but so fun. Then it completely stops swinging and doesn't swing anymore when it tells you all your kids. It even does miscarriages so you have to take that into account. Try it out and see!
It didn't work for me. (If I am doing it right) I was 23 when we conceived Callie in January. So the chart would make her a boy.
It worked on Brynlee but not on Rylee. I wish this worked all the time!
McLean. Victor! oh yes, it's all coming back to me now! hahaha
It says Benjamin was supposed to be a girl, and from his whining I wouldn't be able to tell a difference. IT did for for my other two.
It worked for us!
I have never heard of this chart before. It is pretty cool! It was right for both my babies. Except we haven't had number two yet, but they tell us it's a girl. If she comes out right then the chart will be correct for both! Kind of fun!
Fun chart. It worked for the us!
It worked for Joshua, but not for Paul. So I guess it's 50% accurate. Hope this helps with your research. :) Hope everything is going well for you guys.
It worked for Teya!
Worked for our Owen! Dave wants me to save the chart to see if it works for our next one :)
Stacie-the twins should have been girls and Sam should have been a girl. But Greg was right!
It was right for all 3 of my kids!!! I can't wait to hear for you.
Post a Comment