This past week Bella and I were invited to a GIRLS WEEK down in California with the Hawleys! On Friday, Bella and I packed our bags, kissed daddy goodbye and wished him good luck on his finals (POOR GUY) and we were off!! We picked Cynda up from the airport and then made the trip to Huntington Beach. Surprisingly Bella was fabulous during the drive...it's amazing what a little portable DVD player and Barney can do!
When we arrived we met up with Grandma and Erin and headed for dinner. I was kind of freaked out by how many cars and people there were down there...seriously every street is so busy...so I let everyone else do the driving! After dinner we went to see Erin's cute little beach house...all I can say is...girl you got it going on!! Her digs are only about four blocks from the beach! How awesome is that? Dreaming....dreaming. Bella really enjoyed her house because there were so many stairs. She would go up and down...over and over again...she also had a blast putting on a silly show for everyone...poor girl gets really hyper when she is tired...and since she didn't take a nap...we got quite the funny show...animals noises and imitations etc.
The next day was Erin's Birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We went to Fashion Island where Erin and Cynda did some shopping and Grandma, Bella and me rode the CAROUSEL!! Bella loved it...and of course she picked out the pink and yellow horse every time! After the Mall we headed over to the beach where we met up with a few friends. My darling friend Suzette and her Hubby, Chris, met us there!! It was so fun to see them! Bella played in the sand with everyone, caught ladybugs, and even played catch with some of Erin's friends! We flew a kite...thanks Chris and Suz and put our toes in the water - ONCE! Bella decided that the ocean was "too cold" and wouldn't have anything to do with it. Ha ha. We sure loved the beach...so much fun!
After the beach we got dressed and went to dinner at one of Erin's favs. La Creparie! HOLY COW...the food was amazing. If any of you are visiting Long Beach...go there! SO YUMMY!
The next day we all went to church with my friends Chris and Suz...lucky ducks go to church right across from the Newport Temple! After church we strolled the Temple grounds! So pretty...Bella really wanted to go inside! Someday my dear. We then drove to Bakersfield for the rest of the week. While we were there we did so many things...pedicures, baking and LOTS of sewing! Ha ha. I MADE SOME CURTAINS!! Cool huh - I am really not a seamstress but I managed to make some darling little curtains for Bella's room!! It took me all day - seriously!! I think I finished at MIDNIGHT! Ha ha. Cynda made a toaster and Kitchen aid cover which also turned out darling!! I'm going to post pictures of them when I get them put up...be excited...they are so cute!
The rest of the time we spent being lazy...which was just so NICE!! We had so much fun! Thanks Grandma Hawley and EVERYONE!
Christmas
1 year ago










21 comments:
How fun! I love the picture of Bella hanging on the door! And funny thing, Carolyne has that EXACT outfit down to the shoes! So cute!
Sounds like you had an awesome week!!! So much fun, mommies and little girls need to spend TONS of time doing girl things!!! ;)
WOW! What a fun weekend..and I'm dying to see those curtains...I asked Mark for a sewing machine for my b-day in a couple of weeks, but I doubt he remembered:) One of these days I need to get one because there is a lot of mending my mom ends up doing for me, ha ha! I love how crystal clear your photos turned out, they are great! And Bella is adorable as always!
You guys have had an eventful week! We were down in San Diego this past week also, Wyatt agrees with Bella, the water is much too cold to have anything to do with! I love the picture of Bella and the temple door. We hope that everything is going great!
YEAH! Thanks for coming and seeing me! It was so fun. Im sorry Nate :) I love the pics of her brushing her teeth! She has Noorda blood in her veins afterall :)
I must say this week was so much fun!!! I put up all the covers I made and I must say I love them!!! They look so good. Can't wait to hang out again.
What a fun week! I love spending time with the girls, its always so much fun. Bella looks so grown up and adorable as ever. You look great too!
Fun stuff! Gotta love sunny Cali : ) I am looking forward to seeing those cute curtains you made! I love seeing people's home crafts. : ) Bella is just as cute as can be. I cant believe how fast time flys... you will have your other little one here in no time at all, I cant wait!
Awesome! We are going in May and can't wait. I could live down there in a second. We could probably only afford a dumpster, but I could so live there! Ahh, someday... =) Miss Bella is a cutie for sure!
Hey! I found your blog! Just wanted to say hi :)
How fun for you guys!!! Girl time is always great!!!! (I'm so jealous that you have family close by!!!!) We miss you guys bunches and need to set up another play date!!
Oh, Stacie it looks like you had so much fun. I just love the Ocean! The weather looked perfect. It is always fun to just have a girls weekend. I hope Nate did well on his finals. Bella is such a little doll, and I loved the photos of her brushing her teeth.
I was two cities down, in Laguna and Dana Point all week as well. Don't you love it down there? I can't get enough of it, I never want to leave!
Sounds like LOTS of fun. I can't believe Bella didn't like the ocean. Peyton could have been there all day when we went. Thanks for the pottery barn picture. That sure was fun. Oh, I liked how you guys got pedicures. I still neeed to go with you. Never gotten one. I know I'm missing out. Glad you're back so now we can do something. We were getting pretty bored. :)
looks like such a fun trip!
What a great place to live! I love getting away when Jake is in the thick of tests.
HB is a lot of fun. Very cute pics at the beach, Bella is sure a little sun princess. We need to hit the park before it gets too HOT!
How fun! Chris got off work early and we drove down to Cali! We went to the beach too! Looks like you had a Great time!
Darling pictures of Bella! Glad you had a break...it's always nice to squeeze one in!
omg - LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of bella and the doors! so funny. soo glad you were able to come out and visit! i want you guys to come back - it was soo much fun! thanks for the bday shout out - youre the best!!
Post a Comment