So this past week Nate went out of town for an ADEA Conference (American Dental Education Association). He holds a position on the national council so he goes out of town frequently....tear tear!! Ha ha...no just kidding...Bella and I are really proud of him...we just miss him while he is gone.
Well...this year on top of his MANY other responsibilities and projects (those of you who know him...know what I am talking about...Sim Course, Children's Clinic, Research, ADEA...and who knows what else...ha ha) he presented some of his research!! He had five posters there and presented two of them...totally his element! He just loves to be in front of a crowd and speaking...at least someone does in this family! Ha ha...well...he ended up WINNING the whole research competition!! Isn't that awesome! Way to go my little overachiever! Love him!! The best part - the winner won $500!!! WOO-HOO!! It was totally just what we needed...money is CONSTANTLY TIGHT since well...we are still students. Ha ha. And so getting the money was such a blessing - we were able to purchase a new "big girl" bed mattress set and bedding for Bella and also redo our guest bathroom...something I have been really excited to do ever since we found out that we were having another girl!! HOORAY!
Anyways - back to my awesome husband (sorry - so I am just so excited for him I have to brag a little - husbands like that right!!) - so he won the research, but he also won another National Position in ADEA! He is now the Chair of the National Council of Students! So cool! Way to go honey - and thanks for bringing home the awesome prize!!!
Nate with two of his posters!! (The poster on the left won!!)

Nate getting recognized for winning his research!
Now while Nate was gone - Bella and I had a great time!! We of course - redecorated the bathroom!! Here are the before and after! Isn't it a great make-over! It took a lot of looking and browsing before I actually found exactly what I wanted - for the right price!! The old curtain was there when we moved in - so it was nice to actually take it down!! Ha ha. I got pretty much every thing at CLEARANCE!! The towels and bath mat were marked down 60%!! Apparently they are not making the pink anymore...sad huh because it is so cute! I think the towels ended up being five dollars and the bath mat was eight dollars!! Can't beat that! Also - the little art work - all about Home Goods!! Love love love it!
Before

After


Oh...also my friend just dropped by a yummy cupcake from the Cupcakery!! DELISH!! Thanks Anna!! Also - thanks Montez for your cute note - I checked my mail and inside was this little note from my fun college friend!! So many fun memories!!

Oh...and on a totally random note...this balloon has been floating since Valentine's Day!! Holy COW!! Alberston's has so great helium! Ha ha.
We also painted, played at the park, hung out with friends (thanks Becky - she seriously just dropped by Sunday night to hang out) and went to our weekly gymnastics class which Bella loves!! She has so much fun with all the other kids in her class! She has even learned a lot - like how to do cart-wheels (ok...well she attempts them), how to jump like a frog, rolls, somersaults, balance beam, and bars!! It's great fun!!
Painting

Laughing with the girls in her class!!

Cartwheel mat!

The only bad thing that happened while Nate was gone...which is actually kind of funny...is my car's engine gave out!! Yep...I was teasing Nate before he left that what if my car died and I was stranded...you know all that drama...well...IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! I was driving along and my car started rattling and shaking and the engine light started blinking...I thought Bella and I were going to be pushing the car out of the intersection we were in at the moment. Luckily...the car lasted through the light and I headed for the nearest parking lot. I cried...ha ha...and then I called Nate...who in turn called the Dealership. They told us that they had no time until Wednesday to see the car (this was Saturday). WHAT? Well...I let the car sit for a while hoping that would do something...Bella and I sat out on the curb of the road and ate lunch. We looked so pathetic! Ha ha! After a little while I checked the car and the engine light was still on but the shaking had stopped. I decided to brave the roads once more and straight home we went! FREAKY!!
17 comments:
Way to go Nate!!! That is so great that he loves doing what he is doing...and loves to speak in front of people (which I hate!) Glad he had a good time.
Too bad Kylie and Bella aren't in the same gymnastics class--well, a little age difference, but Kylie would really have a lot of fun with her. Kylie has learned to do the beam all by herself which she is so proud of! Love the pictures!!!
That's funny about the Valentine's balloon, too, because just like a week ago I finally threw away our V-day balloons. I was seriously getting sick of them, but the kids love them. It was strange because we got some more balloons weeks after valentine's day and those only lasted a couple day. What's up with Valentine's balloons? :)
Impressive! That is my word for this post. Nate is awesome! And so it that ADORABLE bathroom. Did you say you got that art/picture of flowers from Home Goods too? So super cute. You are a very cute decorator with a really good eye. It almost makes things even cuter when you get it for such a good price huh? That bathroom almost makes me wish that are next future little person is also a girl so I can just go crazy with making the 2nd bathroom all girly like that.
Rachel - I got the towels from Bed, Bath, and Beyond...I had to go all over the valley because they are seriously GONE!! The art work I got from Home Goods...so cute!!
Wow, go Nate! That is awesome! I love to brag on my hubby too! Isn't it fun? I love your new bathroom too!
Ok so I love the bathroom...so cute. And love the story about the car giving out remember when we got the flat tire and ya....that was fun. And I am so excited to see you guys next week. Oh ya and I guess congrats to Nate....hahahaha
WOW, lots of things happened to you this weekend! Good and bad...it seems that there are so many roller coasters in life, one minute you are so high and the other it can be so low. But, glad to hear you made it home. I hate to be stranded, and even worse when your hubby was gone...ugh. Congrats to Nate for winning...what a smart guy he is. How neat for him to reap the rewards of all his hard work. And for you to find such great decor for practically nothing, that's the best!
Cute bathroom! It's fun to have girls to do stuff like that. We have a lot of blue in our house!
What a fun update to be able to post! (minus the car thing) Congrats Nate!! It is awesome that he is doing so well with what he is talented in doing... Stacie, you have every right to brag : ) ha ha. Your newly decorated bathroom is ADORABLE! Sorry to hear about your car- good thing it wasnt the middle of summer in your 3rd trimester!
I must say...you are my hero! I was in tears to have Mike head back to finals (since it means I am a single mom)...which I had a better outlook like you do for Nate...since I am sure it makes his life easier! :) Bathroom looks lovely...Love the girly girl stuff!
Ok, so your bathroom turned out soooo cute, and Nate is AWSOME!!!!! That is so great that he won and loves what he is doing, go Nate! It sounds like you guys had a pretty busy and fun weekend aside from the little car malfunction. Glad to know you weren't stranded forever, just long enought to have lunch he hee. It's always nice to have a little extra money too he hee!
Kudos to Nate!!! I also think you, Stacie get some recognition for holding down the fort. haha Sometimes it's just not easy. You guys are great!
Bella could do that Home Depot thing. Chris just helped Peyton the whole way and he and Kylie both thought it was great. Also, I just found out that Lowe's does it too. Hope you can come tonight. See you soon!
Congrats to Nate, that is awesome! I love the new girly bathroom, even better that you got such a good deal.
Thanks Stacie for the congratulations! This post was fun to read, it sounds like you guys are super busy. Congrats to your hubby, it's so cute that you are so proud of him :) Cute bathroom as well!
Wow ... congratulations Nate! How awesome. And, by the way, I love how you decorated your bathroom. It is super cute! Such fun colors!
Great job in the bathroom. Perhaps I should hire you to do mine at the house!
Cute blog. LOVED the easter photos!
Stacie, I love your new bathroom. I found you on Kellie Yeates blog. It is so fun to see ld friends. I hope all is going well. We are in Vegas over in Southern Highlands area. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment