So I am so excited to be posting this POST!!! HOORAY...mainly because it means that all of Nate's projects...AND BOARDS...are done!!! AHHHHHH!!! Who knew this day would ever come!! Nate has been so AMAZINGLY BUSY these past few months and finally it has all come to an end...well...ha ha...sort of...if you know Nate you know he is always coming up with a new project or two!! But...it is also another reason why I love him!! He makes Bella and I so proud!! So here are some of the things Nate has been up to... (and yes...I just might brag about him...but that is ok right?)
UNLV DENTAL SIMULATION COURSE - some of you might remember my post from last year...Nate STARTED and ORGANIZED...a UNLV Dental Sim Course which gives undergrad students an opportunity to come to Las Vegas and participate in a two-day course exposing them to many hands-on dental procedures. During this course the pre-dental students are taught by current dental students about waxing (in dental school one of the first things you do is create a tooth in wax), preparing and filling cavities on plastic teeth using both amalgam and composite, taking impressions and pouring them in stone, meeting faculty, and interviewing with admissions committee members!!
This year 158 students from 26 universities attended one of the two sessions!! SO COOL!! The students pay to come and the spots filled up within LESS THEN TWO DAYS!! Basically if the applicants didn't NEXT DAY AIR their application...they didn't get in!!! HIS COURSE IS SO POPULAR!! The word really got out from last year!! Way to go Nate!!
Also - everyone who helped out...faculty, dental students, etc...are ALL VOLUNTEER!!! It is truly quite the program...and my cute husband runs it all!!! It is so hard to encapsulate the scope of this program...because their is SO MUCH THAT GOES INTO IT...Nate spends literally hundreds of hours putting it together...but everyone who participates in it leaves loving their experience and desiring to pursue dentistry even more! (There are a few fun pics below!!)
DENTAL BOARDS - AHH!! Ha ha...hooray it is done!! Nate has spent many many weeks, months, studying and preparing for this DREADED examination...but it is finally done!! Yeah...we will hopefully find out how well he did in the next few weeks!
RESEARCH - yep...I guess winning his research poster just fueled the fire. Ha ha. He recently turned in THREE papers to be published...and is working on three more.
Well...those are just some of the things...I am just so glad that most of them are finished...ahhh...who knows what he will take on next!! But...now...we are going to be focusing on BABY...she's the next thing!!! YEAH!!!
7 comments:
Wow! That is really all I can say...#1 congrats to Nate and #2 congrats to you...I know that it takes time from you too and you always are a good example to me of how to be positive about it :) Hope you are feeling comfortable and excited to hear about your newest little girl!
That is incredible! Way to go Nate! You guys are so busy lately but it will be so nice to have that all over so you can focus all on Bella and the new baby! I can't wait for this new adventure to arrive!
Wanna know something weird? I know one of the kids in these random pictures of the conference...small world.
Wow! Tell Nate good work from all of us! And good for you Stacy...it takes a good wife to let your husband be gone so much when you are prego! It looks like the Sim course was a rousing success, I know Zach liked it last year. And Yea for boards being done! I'm sure he did GREAT! Some of us are going to go to the activity pool out here in henderson next wed I think. (date may change.) You should come!!! And definately let me know when your next little one gets here.!!!
Oh how wonderful to have a break. What an amazing job Nate has done...good for him. We need more ambitious, smart and moral leaders in this world!! How cool to have so much going for him, and you!! Good luck with baby #2 on the way!! By the way, we want you guys to come over and hang out, when is a good time, now that you seem to have room to breath? Congrats to Nate! Boards are SO TOUGH!!
I know, isn't it great to have boards out of the way? I love it! I have a gift for you since I couldn't come to your shower (I still wasn't able to drive from my c-section). We'll have to get together so I can give it to you! Or I guess I could just give it to Nate ...
Wow, congratulations Nate! It sounds like you've been working really hard, and Stacie, I bet you're excited to (kinda) have him back for awhile. It's fun to be so proud though, huh?
I hope that you're still feeling good and that everything goes great with your next little one.
Bella is super cute and we loved her Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Again, congratulations!
Post a Comment