Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Weekend Trip

This past weekend our little family headed up north to COUGAR TERRITORY!! Ha ha. Nate was able to get Monday off...and since Tuesday was a holiday it made for a great FOUR-DAY-WEEKEND!! It was so nice to be all together. Nate usually doesn't get time off!!

So...we did some really fun things this weekend!! Nate and Bella went to the last BYU home game with my mom and relatives. They had a great time and the weather was just perfect. Little Miss Sophie and I stayed indoors and watched the game from the condo. I was too nervous about taking my little baby out in the cold for too long. We enjoyed our alone time together! Afterward we met up with everyone and TGI Fridays...a BYU game tradition for some yummy food and great company!! Bella had fun hanging out with GG and GGP!! Ha ha. Sophie liked the company of her little cousin Ethan Man. He however just wanted to eat her. Every time we put them side by side Ethan would try to suck on her. I think he must have really enjoyed the flavor of her head! Ha ha. Poor boy is teething!

We also got some much needed shopping done. After getting up to Utah and realizing my girls didn't have ANY winter clothes...we headed to the shops. We were very successful. I found some WAY cute stuff for really cheap at Children's Place, Target, GAP, Old Navy, and the Osh Kosh Outlet!! My biggest success... TWO WAY DANG CUTE onsies for ONE DOLLAR at GAP!! SCORE!! I was pretty proud of my skills. Gosh I love to shop for good deals!!

Nate and I also got to go out to a MOVIE!! Thanks to my FABULOUS MOM...she watched the girls while Nate and I shopped and went to see Nights in Rodanthe...pretty good...VERY CHICK FLICKY...let this be your warning. I sure liked it! It was so fun to spend time together without the girls...it was much needed too!!

The weather was also just so beautiful...it so made me miss UTAH...I just love the crisp fresh air!! The trees in the valley were all changing colors and the leaves were just barely starting to fall off. We took Bella outside to play in them...we even collected some in a bag! She looked so cute frolicking among the leaves that I had to get out my camera!! So cute!

And of course...when in Utah...Bella always wants to go see the temple. We drove by the Provo Temple a few times and on Monday Night we drove on the grounds and let Bella get out to see it up close. She was so excited!! As we pulled up she exclaimed... "Oh it's so BEAUTIFUL!!" Ha ha...so precious! She kept asking us if she could go inside...I wish I could just take her in...she would love it...but we told her that she could go in when she grew up and she could marry her prince in there.

I feel like Sophie grew up alot on our trip!! Tear...my sweet little Sophie just gets bigger and bigger everyday! AHHH...can't we just stop time. She started playing with toys!! I guess she has been ready for awhile...whoops...my bad...my mom was like...she needs some toys...so we got her a few little play things and she loves them. I guess I am just having a hard time with her getting so big already! Oh...I just love her! I put some pictures up of her in a cute little dress that one of my dad's patients made her! Cute dress and cute baby!!

It was a great trip...much needed and so relaxing! Thanks mom for letting us stay with you!! You're the BEST!!



















8 comments:

hilla said...

That is a cute dress. Are you sure you guys should have ever left Utah? You love it so much!
Bella is so gorgeous. And Shophie is a doll.

Lisah said...

That is such a cute dress! I wish I had one for sure! That is so nice to get some time alone with just Nate. It seems to get harder and harder to do doesn't it!!! :)

Ben and Cynda said...

Sophie is getting so big. She is just adorable. I love her little smile.

familyof4 said...

What a fun trip! I always enjoy reading your blog. =) I agree, Sophie is growing up so fast! She looks so much older in those pictures! And her smile is adorable!

Its bitter sweet watching the girls grow up. Lauren starts nursery in February and Taylor goes into Primary in January. That is just too soon for me!

Trimbles said...

How fun! And great seats at the game like always :) I miss Utah. Not fair. :) I wish I could see the leaves. Im glad you posted them.

Anna said...

Sounds like fun. I can't wait till we go to Utah, too. But I don't think I'll enjoy the snow when we go for thanksgiving. hopefully no snow. Your family is so cute. And those turkey crafts are so cute, too.

Perry Family said...

I love the fall in UT...the colors are amazing! Glad it was such a great trip! Horray for time off with the hubby! :)

Mindy said...

Stacie, I found your blog off of Montez's site. You have such a cute little family. Your girls are so beautiful. I am so jealous of you having girls. I love my boys but I want a girl so bad. Anyways love all your pictures. Hope you don't mind I added you to my friends list.

Mindy