Sunday, March 8, 2009

Miles for Better Smiles

So...I DID IT!! I just completed my first 5K!! Woo-hoo!!

Nate and a friend from school set-up a 5K race to help benefit patients who can not afford dental care. They got sponsors...had official everything...and for their first race...had 250-300 participants!

My friend, Natalie, and I decided that we wanted to join in on the fun...and since we are becoming "RUNNERS" ha ha...we thought it would be a great place to start! Our first 5K! SO we did it...and we feel great! The course was a little crazy...and we had 30 MPH head winds...ha ha...but we did it! That's what matters! I think my favorite part...was having Bella, Nate, and Sophie cheering me on! YEAH!!

We have been running quite a bit and are now certain that we are going to run MORE RACES! Our goal... a HALF-MARATHON this fall! We decided that this year...RUNNING RACES...was going to be our thing! WOO-HOO! Here's to a year of running!



11 comments:

Hammels said...

Way to go Stacie, awesome job!:) We will have to start a running blog to show our progress.

Katrina said...

Good for you! That is awesome that you did it and you are planning to do a half. Good luck!

I would love to pick up running but I am SOOOOOO slow I think my kids would pass me. Oh well, I guess running is not for everyone :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good job Stacie! Next time, we should do a marathon together! I miss you and your cute little family! Hope you guys are all doing well! love ya!

Meagan said...

Yeah!! Great job! I'm so proud of you. I just wish I was there to do it with you guys...dang it! :)

Lisah said...

I ran some 5k's last year and they were so fun! I am glad you are going to be a runner... it really is great. way to go!

Ben and Cynda said...

Wow all I can say is that you are amazing. Seriously.

Sherry said...

You go girl!

Sarah Goodsell said...

That's awesome! I don't think I could ever run that far, I HATE running!

Anonymous said...

Are your results posted on the miles for smiles website? I am interested to know your time. Since I am thinking of running one myself. I don't know where to begin. Ha ha! Thanks for your help.

Stacie Hawley said...

Anon...

Don't know who you are. And it's not...Miles for Smiles...it is Miles for Better Smiles. Let me know who you are and I can help you out. Thanks

Trimbles said...

I agree, that little girl is not old enough to go to any kind of school yet!!! And congrats to Nate on the marathon, he's so ambitious, but even MORE congrats to YOU for actually running it!!! WHEN DO YOU FIND TIME TO RUN??? Do you run with the Bob?