Since Nate had Thursday and Friday off of school we decided to go out and explore our surroundings! We had never been up to Red Rock (even though we live...LITERALLY 5 MINUTES away) so we set out on a Hawley Family Adventure as Bella would say...and we headed for the canyon.
And I must say... WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!! For those of you who have never been...GO! There are so many things to do...and hikes...and it's beautiful! We first stopped at the Red Rock Visitor's Center (which they are expanding) and looked around at the displays and exhibits. They had some live black widows that were pretty creepy...and a big lizard that scared Bella. Ha ha. The rangers were all so friendly and helpful and gave Bella a Red Rock Junior Ranger packet to complete. So cute! We then started out on the one-way loop through the canyon. We stopped at a few little points along the way and took pictures and enjoyed the cool RED ROCKS! Ha ha.
We then stopped at the Children's Discovery Trail...had a picnic lunch...and started our family hike! Bella was a natural! She trotted along enjoying the rocks and pointing out different bugs and lizards. Sophie also really enjoyed it. She got to ride with daddy in her carrier. Ha ha. She was wide-eyed the whole way with so much to look at! SO cute! We went on a bridge over a creek (Bella loved the bridge), climbed up rock stairs, went through a cave, and made it to a pretty little waterfall!
It was just so much fun! It was kind of like the first activity our family has done altogether. Love it! After our hike we stopped back in at the Visitor's Center to turn in Bella's completed packet! She was then sworn in (literally...she had to take an oath...ha ha!) as a RED ROCK JUNIOR RANGER! She was given a cute little badge (which she cherished) and a honorary certificate! It was truly a perfect day! I can't wait to go back up and do some more hiking. I guess they even have some cute workshops for toddlers and kids that are FREE if you have a park pass. AWESOME! We will definitely be back!
Christmas
1 year ago
7 comments:
So fun! We need to get over there :)
How in the world do you have so much energy! I am in awe of all your do even without Nate! Such lucky little girls!
Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! And, um, that creepy dude would have totally freaked me out too.
That puppet is the weirdest thing ever! I am so glad that you took a picture because that is pretty unbelievable. I don't know what I would have done!
I think a play date sounds really fun. When are you guys available? Mornings are always better for us. You guys could come over to our house too if you want....we live right down the road from your parents! Let me know!
What a great idea. That looks like a must for us too. Disney will have to look into having their next princess be a hiker, perhaps Bella can be their inspiration!
Great Family pics too!
I can't believe you have never been up there. It is so beautiful, huh?! We have a pass, I guess that'll expire here soon, but it is so nice. Can't wait for the weather to get nice enough again. Glad you guys had fun. Yes, the puppet is VERY creepy!
That is a fun place to go! We've done it a few times over the years. :) You all look so great!
Post a Comment