Friday, April 10, 2009

QUILTING!!

I made a QUILT! Craziness! Ha ha.

I got some cute fabrics...A LONG WHILE BACK...and they have just been sitting in my closet collecting dust. Literally. So since it was Conference weekend I decided to pull the "fun" project out of the depths and attempt the impossible!

After many hours of cutting, measuring, re-measuring, pinning, sewing, undoing, re-pinning, sewing, and ironing...we had a darling quilt! It was a perfect project for Conference. I am so pleased with the result! Thanks Shelly for all your help!

I actually had so much fun that I got some more fabric...and I am now attempting a harder quilt all by myself! I'm insane!


9 comments:

Taralee said...

SOOOO cute!!! I honestly LOVE IT!! Those are some majorly cute fabrics and I like how you did the blues together, greens together, pinks together... LOVE IT! Good job!

Becky Chatwin said...

That really is a nice looking quilt! Good job....I definitely could not have done that!

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is super cute! Good job!!

Sarah Goodsell said...

So cute, and I'm SO jealous I want to learn how to sew really bad. You did a great job and the fabric is awesome.

Olivia said...

Love the quilt!! It turned out really cute. As someone who knows how to sew I'm sure it took you a long time with all those pieces, fabrics, etc. Well done.

Also I love the red rock visits and pictures. It makes me want to visit there again. Maybe on our next Vegas visit.

Jodi said...

Gorgeous. That makes me want to dust off the ol' sewing machine.

Amanda&Brady said...

you go girl!!!!

Perry Family said...

I LOVE that quilt! I want to make one just like it! SO darn CUTE!! can't wait to see the next one you make!

Meagan said...

When are we going to have a quilting bee?! Next trip to see you, we'll plan ahead and make quilts together! I definitely want you to show me how to make this one...so dang cute!!! :)