Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sunflare and Haze equals LOVE





Here are just a few (bunches more to come) pics from the Soulagrapher Worskhop I attended last weekend! Woo-hoo! So much fun!

It was kind of a crazy weekend--everyone in our family took off in separate directions. The girls went with Nate's mom and dad, staying for a few days in Bakersfield, while Nate was off to Hawaii presenting research at the American Dental Association meeting, and then I was down in Laguna Beach enjoying the workshop and some girl time with Erin.

The scenery and backgrounds we were shooting were so different from Vegas--it was so much fun to have some variety! During our shoots, the photographer teaching the workshop had both models and props we were able to grab and pose--such a different experience from my girls who won't hold still for longer than 5 seconds! It was a photographers dream! I made some fabulous friends and gained a lot of confidence. I'd recommend the workshop to everyone, but unfortunately this was the photographer's (Skye Hardwick) last one; she's retiring from the workshop business! Boo.

Anyways - I'm VERY in love with sunflare and haze right now - as you can tell by my pictures! It gives pics a soft, warm, creamy smoothness! It's a haze craze! HA! For all you photogs out there - you can achieve this look if you shoot into but NOT directly at your light source (sun, window light, etc.) Ohh...maybe I should add texture to some of these - oooh - creative juices flowing!

Also - a special thanks to John and Shelly for taking the girls and Erin for letting me stay at your gorgeous beach house! Thanks everyone! Love ya! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Meagan said...

Your pics are AMAZING!!! Wish I could have joined you. Dang! Next time you hear of a conference a little closer my way, let me know...

Jodi said...

Love, love, love these shots. Especially the tall one, I think the third one down. Amazing!

Kelsey said...

I had no idea that you were getting into photography, chica! I want to hear ALL about it! I have heard Skye does teach wonderful stuff. I've just never had the extra cash to spend on those but have heard they are worth it. Shoot me and email- can I pay you to pass along her tips? =) GREAT job! I've been thinking that your pics lately were awesome but had no idea you were pursuing it! I am so proud of you!

Stacie Hawley said...

Thanks Kelsey - coming from you I'm totally flattered! I'll email ya!

Natalie said...

Fabulous work! You were rocking out the sun flare :) You really captured the spirit of the moment in the shots. I just found a 50mm 1.4 for my Olympus. Hooray. Next up, a savings fund for an upgraded camera.

Anonymous said...

Great job Stacie!