Saturday, February 5, 2011

iPhone

So...I got an iPhone for Christmas.

Best present ever.

And now our mornings look a little like this...

Mom passes iPhone to girls and goes back to bed. Glorious.

Photobucket

Just kidding...

maybe.

I just love all the different things these phones can do...and the million and a half aps you can buy/download/share. It's truly amazing. Bella has found a few aps that she loves. Teach Me Kindergarten comes highly recommended. She works on math, spelling, sight words, and reading. She then earns coins and takes them to the market to purchase fish, rocks, food, and decorations for her digital fish tank.

Talking Tom is also another favorite. It's a really crazy cat the repeats what you say as if he had inhaled helium. The kids love it. You can also feed, pet, and punch him. So weird.

And - want to bake some cookies?! Well you can on the iPhone without all the mess and calories. Nice. CookieDoodle is great for budding bakers who want to try their hand at mixing, baking, decorating and eating cookies. I love cracking the eggs.

(Here is Bella doing some iPhone math. I just love how she counts her fingers. Too cute.)

Photobucket

Sophie's favorite aps are Preschool Adventure, Whimsy Puzzles (of course), ToyStory 3 Matching, and Disney Princess Stickerbook.

Oh...and want to draw a cool picture - with stickers that make cool sounds? You have to get Doodlebuddy.

Photobucket

But as with everything...the iPhone can only hold their attention for so long. But is sure gets me a few extra snoozes in the morning sometimes and can usually get me through a grocery store trip!! Ha ha.

As you can see Sophie lost interest...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But gosh isn't she cute. Want to see this cheeky little face live?! Facetime us!! Ha ha.

As for me...I love

TV Guide, Pandora, SoundHound, My LDS Stake, Facebook, Google, Momento, Price Scanner, Angry Birds (addicting), and the Weather Channel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Are there any aps (or cool things) you love for the iPhone...please share!

4 comments:

amy said...

Gospel library is awesome - scriptures, manuals, hymns, everything! plants vs zombies ;), fandango, lds tools, cardstar, and the highly addicting words with friends...start a game with me! My username is aleav :)

Erin said...

ok. sophie looks sooo much like YOU stacie. it is crazy! and so cute!

Kelsey said...

LOVE THOSE! Can you imagine having these as a kid of yourself!? Incredible shots!

Trimbles said...

Love Love LOVE my iphone. Welcome to the club. Check out the Duck Duck Moose apps for kids. Wheels on the bus is a favorite. We have it on both our phones and both our ipads so there is no fighting. Geez! :) We are doing pretty good. Starting to make plans for the big move (again.) I think we will be buying in Baltimore. So I've been house hunting. Its so hard. I find a good one and I just want to go buy it today so it wont get taken. But Im sure somethign else will come available. Its nuts though. We move in June. We are just trying to survive the next few months. I'm almost going crazy, Im done with cold and screaming 2 year olds. :) Has Nate started school again?